Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

There's like a sea of heads cramped up against each other even on the bottom picture, it's not like that shows some handful of people scattered around.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on September 19, 2020, 08:22:54 AM
There's like a sea of heads cramped up against each other even on the bottom picture, it's not like that shows some handful of people scattered around.
Sure - but it's a big square and that's maybe 2-300 people.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Legbiter

75 new cases today, only half were in quarantine, almost all traced to that single pub. We'll have to redo the March control measures again I guess.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

Number of active cases in the last 7 days in Vienna:

There were 2219 positive cases in Vienna in the last week (in a city of about 1.9 million).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

So these idiots are beating up police because there can't be more than 6 people mingling. FFS.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307335996099497984

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on September 19, 2020, 12:59:18 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 19, 2020, 12:11:59 AM
O'Toole tests positive.

But is he suffering from the symptoms, or will he be able to continue work via Skype?
So far, no symptoms, but he was diagnosed yesterday.  Too early to tell.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Advisor giving an update on the numbers moving in the wrong direction with no ministers present, which is the way it should have been since day 1.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on September 19, 2020, 11:16:49 AM
So these idiots are beating up police because there can't be more than 6 people mingling. FFS.

Ugh, what a horrible twitter rat hole to go down.
Interestingly a lot of these videos seem to feature black guys yet other posts say its a far right protest.
Idiots from both sides united?
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Contact tracing has put over 2000 people into quarantine. The good news is that the numbers of infected individuals is halving every single day so there will no further general restrictions. Pubs and clubs will be closed for a week.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on September 21, 2020, 05:11:20 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 19, 2020, 11:16:49 AM

Ugh, what a horrible twitter rat hole to go down.
Interestingly a lot of these videos seem to feature black guys yet other posts say its a far right protest.
Idiots from both sides united?
In fairness I was in a pub garden at the weekend being told by an East London hipster about how covid is mainly an invention and the big pharma companies are hiding effective herbal remedies from us so. Yeah I think it's real rainbow coalition of nuts :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 21, 2020, 10:28:50 AMIn fairness I was in a pub garden at the weekend being told by an East London hipster about how covid is mainly an invention and the big pharma companies are hiding effective herbal remedies from us so. Yeah I think it's real rainbow coalition of nuts :lol:

Yeah, also the UK had a brutal lockdown which put tremendous strain on people and it's not surprising that any further measures will be very controversial. Just imagine what would happen if the government attempted to impose it again. :hmm:

Sheilbh

Incidentally apparently those 15 minute and 90 minute tests now exist, but currently only in use in the NHS (hospitals especially because they're super important for ward management).
Let's bomb Russia!