US-Iran War Has Begun! Iran launches dozens of ballistic missiles!

Started by jimmy olsen, January 02, 2020, 07:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Yes, rogue state stuff. These cultural sites belong to all of humanity; hence our outrage over the Bamiyan Buddhas.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Berkut on January 04, 2020, 03:29:45 PM
Lets not kid ourselves here. It's not like this guy was some kind of legit military representative of Iran on some kind of actual and acknowledged mission to Iraq.

?
He was a commissioned general officer in the armed forces of a sovereign state.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

I presumed Berkut was being sarcastic there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on January 05, 2020, 01:51:15 AM
Full twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1213593965838163968?s=20

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
ยท
7h
Iran is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets as revenge for our ridding the world of their terrorist leader who had just killed an American, & badly wounded many others, not to mention all of the people he had killed over his lifetime, including recently....

....hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years. Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.....

....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran &  the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

:wacko:

The US has completely jumped the shark. Maybe it's for the best if it's removed from the world stage and goes full isolationist.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 05, 2020, 04:02:27 AM
Quote from: Maladict on January 05, 2020, 03:36:01 AM
Quote from: Zanza on January 05, 2020, 12:48:41 AM
Trump now openly threatens to bomb cultural (!) sites in Iran.

That is some IS level shit.
]

It's a war crime under international law.

In fairness to Trump, when the US decided to publicly champion the systematic use of torture a few years back they kind of hinted that the US doesn't give a flying fuck about stuff like this. There is a solid US tradition.

Hamilcar

Why doesn't the Pentagon make a really realistic VR game where Trump can nuke hurricanes and order Seoul to be relocated.

HisMajestyBOB

Just go full Truman show on him.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Threviel

I don't really understand why they didn't just kill him and then shut the fuck up about it.

"Ohh, these nasty secret drones that abound in the middle east, we'll be sure to assist the Iranians in finding the culprits, this is unacceptable."  :ph34r:

I don't mind the US killing bastards that needs to be killed, I do mind that they are so amateurish at it.

Zanza

Quote from: Threviel on January 05, 2020, 09:26:11 AM
I don't mind the US killing bastards that needs to be killed, I do mind that they are so amateurish at it.
Why do you think there was a need to kill this particular man?

Threviel

I have no idea, I was speaking more in the general sense.

Although he seemed to be a nasty person OvB gave a good explanation above as to why there seems to be no point in having him killed.

mongers

This warfare on Iranian culture is trolling for domestic political reasons, aimed to get the liberals all riled up, so he can point the figure at them for siding with 'the enemy'; to feed his narrative that his democratic opponents are traitors and so reinvigorate his base.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: mongers on January 05, 2020, 09:52:06 AM
This warfare on Iranian culture is trolling for domestic political reasons, aimed to get the liberals all riled up, so he can point the figure at them for siding with 'the enemy'; to feed his narrative that his democratic opponents are traitors and so reinvigorate his base.

The special kid doesn't eat his poop as part of some grand plan. He just eats his poop.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 05, 2020, 01:28:41 AM
One site for each of the 52 embassy hostages.  That's some twisted shit.  Like Vlad the impaler or Mexican narco lord twisted.
I've often thought we've been lucky that while Trump's been President there's not been a real crisis. Unfortunately he's made one.

Also it strikes me as the type of thing he'd be saying after hearing about potential Iranian retaliations.
Let's bomb Russia!

Hamilcar

https://twitter.com/janearraf/status/1213823941321592834?s=20

QuoteThis is stunning - #Iraq prime minister tells parliament US troops should leave. Says
@realDonaldTrump
called him to ask him to mediate with #Iran and then ordered drone strike on Soleimani. Says Soleimani carrying response to Saudi initiative to defuse tension when he was hit.