News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: HVC on November 21, 2023, 05:28:31 PMKathleen Kennedy being edged out the door?
Maybe?

Kennedy might be preparing her departure, she might move up the ladder.  She has taken a lot of flack, but SW ain't the only franchise of Disney that's under performing.  She's only in charge of LF.  Besides, WB isn't doing any better with their super heroes.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

They really don't like Kathleen Kennedy

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Crazy_Ivan80

A lot of the flak could have been avoided by bringing the old gang back together and giving them a good send-off.
And the virtue-signalling combined with bad writing didn't help either.

Syt

I find it funny how parts of the fandom are attributing all successes to Filoni and all failures to Kennedy :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2023, 02:09:08 AMI find it funny how parts of the fandom are attributing all successes to Filoni and all failures to Kennedy :lol:

Filoni has his issues too, let there be no mistake.

HVC

Who was most responsible for the  sequels? They'll get my scorn
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

celedhring

Filoni's certainly no failproof - Ahsoka's writing was surprisingly weak - but he's been part of all the best Star Wars stories since the OT not made by Tony Gilroy.  More than willing to see what he comes up with.

celedhring

Quote from: HVC on November 22, 2023, 02:57:49 AMWho was most responsible for the  sequels? They'll get my scorn

I think the problem is that the answer is "nobody". There was absolutely no plan to them.

HVC

Quote from: celedhring on November 22, 2023, 03:04:47 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 22, 2023, 02:57:49 AMWho was most responsible for the  sequels? They'll get my scorn

I think the problem is that the answer is "nobody". There was absolutely no plan to them.

A lack of plan falls to the top person, so Kennedy it is! Boo Kennedy, boo! :P

FunkMonk

I've read that it was the woke mobs who are ultimately responsible for ruining the sequels. Is this true?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

How were the sequels supposed to be woke?

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on November 22, 2023, 03:04:47 AM

I guess the thinking was that there was no plan for the original trilogy and that turned out fine, so...

But absolutely - you know you're going to make three  of these things - how can you not sketch out the story in advance?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on November 22, 2023, 11:03:17 AMHow were the sequels supposed to be woke?

Too many women and POC.

No, really.  I believe that's it.  There was no white male protagonist.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on November 22, 2023, 11:03:17 AMHow were the sequels supposed to be woke?
The hero was a female.  There was also a subtle hint that Poe was gay.
 Young straight males everywhere are left heroless.  Not a single example left to follow anywhere. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

FunkMonk has been making a number of witty tongue in cheek comments in a number of threads over the last while.