News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

God has a sense of humor

Started by Ed Anger, July 18, 2009, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on July 21, 2009, 12:31:13 PM
All of you have me beat in terms of the glamorousness of the places you get to travel to for work... :(
You got to go to London, dude!  :huh:

Oh wait, London ONTARIO  :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on July 21, 2009, 12:33:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 21, 2009, 12:31:13 PM
All of you have me beat in terms of the glamorousness of the places you get to travel to for work... :(
You got to go to London, dude!  :huh:

Oh wait, London ONTARIO  :Embarrass:

And that was the nicest place I got to go in the last 12 months.

Remember, I have the job that sent me to Hudson's Bay in January.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2009, 12:33:46 PMYou lucky bastard!
My counterpart is in Dallas right now.  I think there might be a rollout in San Antonio in the fall I'll have to go to.  I don't know of any operations going on in Austin right now or I'd definitely give you a ring. :)

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on July 21, 2009, 12:35:52 PM
And that was the nicest place I got to go in the last 12 months.

Remember, I have the job that sent me to Hudson's Bay in January.
I think one trip up there, like once in my life, might be neat, but that's it.

Ed Anger

I'd love to go to San Antonio. Just to Ozzy the Alamo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 21, 2009, 12:37:43 PM
My counterpart is in Dallas right now.  I think there might be a rollout in San Antonio in the fall I'll have to go to.  I don't know of any operations going on in Austin right now or I'd definitely give you a ring. :)

San Antonio and Austin are practically one giant city.  I can get to downtown San Antonio in about an hour and a half.  If you have some time I could meet up with you at the Alamo or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I dodged a bullet earlier this month when I was supposed to go to Tucson, but had to run a QA plan to fix a bad, buggy deploy to production. :ph34r:

I would like to visit Tucson, but not in July.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 21, 2009, 12:30:23 PM
When we have to travel, it's generally to Arizona, south Georgia/north Florida, Texas, or California.

In fairness, my work travel destinations tend to alternate between cool & lame places.  For all the crappy little towns I've had to visit, I've also been to Seattle, Chicago, New Orleans, and all over central/southern Florida.  Wouldn't mind visiting Arizona, Texas, or (dare I say it) California.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2009, 12:41:03 PMSan Antonio and Austin are practically one giant city.  I can get to downtown San Antonio in about an hour and a half.  If you have some time I could meet up with you at the Alamo or something.
ORLY?  Didn't know they were that close.  I'll keep it in mind.  If I end up going it'll probably be in October.

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 21, 2009, 12:29:08 PMCopenhagen = My archenemies.

There's got to be some historical bits somewhere about people beating up Danes, which could cheer you up?

You could always try to steal the head of the little mermaid statue or something.  Surely, when in the lair of the arch nemesis it is time for dashing deeds of derring do?

I think Denmark's gone more conservative since my youth there, but if it's bright and sunny and summery you could always try to find a beach or park and see if you can spot any topless sunbathers or swimmers.  Or is that just not done anymore in Denmark?

Richard Hakluyt

The topless sunbathing has fallen off a lot in the past 10-20 years.

Jacob

Oh... and Extra Bladet (one of the tabloids) has naked chicks on page 3 or 12 or whatever page it is.  So flip through that at the hotel for cheap thrills.

Jacob

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 21, 2009, 04:31:19 PM
The topless sunbathing has fallen off a lot in the past 10-20 years.

A pity  :(

Admiral Yi

Yakie, can you tell me what a "champagne girl" is?  It's how the girlfriend describes her job in the one Danish movie I've seen.