News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

This was interesting in the comments. Reviewer after someone noted they are skeptical about that reviewer after their Imperator review.

QuoteIn some ways I regret that Imperator verdict in hindsight, as it was so at odds with the reception at the time, but I do stand by it. The game has certainly reached a state where a lot of people seem to enjoy it as much as I did then, but I realise we're a year on from release. I guess all I'd say is to remember that we're only given limited time to play things before release, and with a game as big and complex as a paradox grand strategy, there's just no way to see the full picture in that time. Still, I honestly really enjoyed it in its day one state, and that was with 15 years of playing EU series games to compare it with. Your mileage may vary, I guess!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

To be fair, I spent around 40 hours with the initial Imperator release, looking furiously for a strategy game in there, before I gave up.

garbon

I did not. I played for a few hours on a free weekend and that was enough for me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I also returned to it with the last update, and I think things are on the right track, but it still burned me out fairly quickly.

Zanza

I guess I will buy the base game to see how it is. Hopefully it's like CK2, EU4 or Stellaris, which I played a lot (and bought most DLCs). Imperator and HOI4 not so much...

celedhring

I got burned badly on Imperator (although I intend to go back to it at some point, I'm hearing good things and I just love that time period), but I may go for CK3 if I find a good deal before release (I was able to buy Imperator at a nice discount on Voidu before release).

Valmy

The best part about CK3 releasing is this probably means CK2 is finally feature complete after 8 years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

P'dox has male nudes in the latest dev diary! :o

I'm still unconvinced with the transition to 3d models for characters. All that work (including that the elderly start becoming hunched) and one of the characters look attractive. -_-

Syt

https://twitter.com/CrusaderKings/status/1285598504237359104?s=20

QuoteAt launch when you play #CK3, you can either start as a famous ruler in a set story, or play as any Ruler in 867 or 1066!
If your game isn't played in Ironman mode, you can also switch character whenever you want.

Because CK2 was famous for its scripted stories that left nothing to chance .... oh, wait.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

You can be Duran Duran?  Cool. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

celedhring

I like the 3D graphics, to be honest, but that  :hmm: pose will get old quick. I hope they add more.

Tamas

Compared to early screenshots I am happy with the models at least it doesn't look like a cheap mobile game anymore.

Solmyr

Quote from: celedhring on July 22, 2020, 02:49:29 AM
I like the 3D graphics, to be honest, but that  :hmm: pose will get old quick. I hope they add more.

These guys really need to avoid touching their faces during the Black Death.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on July 22, 2020, 02:49:29 AM

They do seem to have a variety of significant looks for rulers.

celedhring

That looks really nice. I usually don't care for this kind of graphic bells and whistles in strategy games, but since it's a character-driven game it will add to the immersion. Will certainly get it after a major patch or two  :P