News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

So we are splitting Hinduism and Buddhism into a bunch of sub-religions?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I mean map expansion is one thing, but the direction ....

CK community: "Hey, adding China would be cool!"
Paradox: "Sure thing, more of Africa it is!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2020, 09:42:25 AM

The problem is, particularly when talking Africa, everything there is basically made up. All of the rulers and the names of the religions they have assigned. They already had difficulty enough with real rulers, real religions when Africa was smaller.

But then I guess that just points more to the focus of CKIII being an rpg with light historical dusting.

Note, they are perhaps hinting about China as an expansion. They are now including Myanmar and more of Mongolia.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2020, 10:39:22 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2020, 09:42:25 AM

The problem is, particularly when talking Africa, everything there is basically made up. All of the rulers and the names of the religions they have assigned. They already had difficulty enough with real rulers, real religions when Africa was smaller.

I've resigned myself to the realization that Paradox games, going forward, are about as historically realistic as Total War games, possibly less so.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

Yeah, Garbon is basically right here. I think this game is expanding in scope past my interest and I'm probably going to pass until it's deep-discounted.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

On the plus side, CK2 still exists. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2020, 10:44:58 AM
On the plus side, CK2 still exists. :)

:rolleyes: Yes let's all eat cake.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on May 12, 2020, 10:43:17 AM
Yeah, Garbon is basically right here. I think this game is expanding in scope past my interest and I'm probably going to pass until it's deep-discounted.

Yeah, that's my plan. And that's a shame.

But yes, Syt, I'll continue to get my kicks in Ck2.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I will say one thing for new Paradox games: map doesn't suck anymore. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

True maps be looking great with last release and this one. Shame that is the only thing looking great. :blush:

Solmyr

Apparently the entire map was leaked:

garbon

So an additional suggestion that China will be eventually added (torn map)?

The Brain

I think I've seen Cumania.

Josquius

Man I hate the big PTI blobs. You'd think it wouldn't take much effort to make them look like pretty little desert areas and so.

Very curious choices of what to include there on the fringes. The most important part is of course how its broken down within the core game area.
██████
██████
██████