News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Tyr on January 30, 2020, 05:28:03 AM
My views remain unchanged. That the only way forward for paradox games is to lessen the power of the map. With the map lying as the only interface the games inevitably become paint the world pink affairs even if that completely isn't what CK is meant to be about

Crusader Kings is supposed to be about strengthening your dynasty, not your realm, but it never really has worked that way.  I don't have a great solution for that, but I don't think the way they seem to be going is the right direction, either.

Razgovory

A feature I would like to see would be hiding character stats from the player.  Instead of having a "10" in management or whatever, it just gives a rating like "Good" or "Terrible".  Like how King of Dragon pass communicates stats.  The accuracy of knowing a character's stats would be based on the player characters own stats and that of his/her spymaster.  For instance you might hire a guy to be your treasurer and think he's brilliant but because your character is dumb as a rock he isn't able to figure out that his Treasurer lost the ability to count to ten when his hand was chopped off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on January 30, 2020, 06:40:38 AM
My views remain unchanged. That the only way forward for paradox games is to lessen the power of the map. With the map lying as the only interface the games inevitably become paint the world pink affairs even if that completely isn't what CK is meant to be about

Crusader Kings is supposed to be about strengthening your dynasty, not your realm, but it never really has worked that way.  I don't have a great solution for that, but I don't think the way they seem to be going is the right direction, either.

Hmm...while I still paint the hell out of the map, the more I play the more I have leaned toward a put every relative I can in power somewhere style.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2020, 07:50:50 PM

Hmm...while I still paint the hell out of the map, the more I play the more I have leaned toward a put every relative I can in power somewhere style.

But don't you find that comes back to haunt you? I find that when you play that way, ineveitably when you end up playing as a kid, all your powerful uncles join factions to unseat you.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Yeah you get very little from having your dynasty ruling the kingdom if the person you are playing is not in charge. You are not really playing that dynasty you are playing the legal descendants of some character. Your half-brother (or some kinsman who you have forgotten how you are related to) who rules France while you rule Italy is not even really your friend outside of a small relations boost, much less somebody else you are playing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Josephus on February 09, 2020, 07:52:15 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2020, 07:50:50 PM

But don't you find that comes back to haunt you? I find that when you play that way, ineveitably when you end up playing as a kid, all your powerful uncles join factions to unseat you.

Nothing comes back to bite Timmay in the ass 'cause he scum saves.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on February 09, 2020, 11:52:13 PM

Yeah you get very little from having your dynasty ruling the kingdom if the person you are playing is not in charge. You are not really playing that dynasty you are playing the legal descendants of some character. Your half-brother (or some kinsman who you have forgotten how you are related to) who rules France while you rule Italy is not even really your friend outside of a small relations boost, much less somebody else you are playing.

It's just another map to paint.

I have a big enough retinue and treasury for meracnaries that it doesn't matter. Really good at managing factions to.

I don't do that much anymore.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

The game is fun (I been immersed in it since last summer), but it is the only game I find I sometimes have the urge to rage quit on.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

So now there will be 99 playable religions...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2020, 05:22:38 PM
Catholic
Slightly naughty catholic
Catholic but with extra candles
Catholic but still likes  Thor
:unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on April 03, 2020, 07:01:42 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2020, 05:22:38 PM
Catholic
Slightly naughty catholic
Catholic but with extra candles
Catholic but still likes  Thor
:unsure:

Very naughty Catholics.
Silly Catholics
Civis Romanus Sum

Solmyr

He's not a Catholic, he's a very naughty boy!

Solmyr

I read that they are removing plagues from CK3 because people don't like them. So I guess this *is* going to be a generic fantasy RPG.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on April 07, 2020, 04:07:36 AM
I read that they are removing plagues from CK3 because people don't like them. So I guess this *is* going to be a generic fantasy RPG.

Oh FFS