News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Jesus fuck :lol:

Also, less generous than HoI4's top tier which had like 3 or so major DLC included?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I think I'll be fine with most new things and the new looks except the whole XP and levelling up characters thing. That's going to yank me too hard out of my illusion of playing a historical strategy game.

Josquius

$30 expansions? Jeebus.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Zounds! Is there a single true fan among you all?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Wait there's an XP and leveling system?  :lol:

"RICHARD the LIONHEART has won a battle! +1000 experience points awarded. Pick your NEW PERK!"
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on May 14, 2020, 03:00:44 PM
I think I'll be fine with most new things and the new looks except the whole XP and levelling up characters thing. That's going to yank me too hard out of my illusion of playing a historical strategy game.

I mean this is a several centuries long game, I cannot imagine anybody wants a RPG where you level characters up and then start over again from level 0 several times during a game,

I did like that weird quasi-Catholic Celtic religion they had in Ireland in the video though, that is a nice way of handling how Ireland worked back in the dark ages. It seemed ahistorical to have them as Catholic as France in CK2.

1066 is a horrible starting date for Eastern Europe, I sure hope we get better starting dates as we cannot just start whenever like we used to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2020, 10:54:39 PM
I mean this is a several centuries long game, I cannot imagine anybody wants a RPG where you level characters up and then start over again from level 0 several times during a game,

I did like that weird quasi-Catholic Celtic religion they had in Ireland in the video though, that is a nice way of handling how Ireland worked back in the dark ages. It seemed ahistorical to have them as Catholic as France in CK2.

1066 is a horrible starting date for Eastern Europe, I sure hope we get better starting dates as we cannot just start whenever like we used to.
Ireland was more Catholic than that nest of heresy - Arianism, Waldensians, Cathars, Henricians, the list is endless. It was the Isle of Saints and Scholars that kept Europe Catholic :contract: :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2020, 11:18:25 PM
Ireland was more Catholic than that nest of heresy - Arianism, Waldensians, Cathars, Henricians, the list is endless. It was the Isle of Saints and Scholars that kept Europe Catholic :contract: :P

Ok but they still had a system revolved around monasteries that was very unusual.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on May 14, 2020, 03:00:44 PM

It will probably be a bit like Gloomhaven, where you get bonus perks for your next characters by retiring characters, and also unlock new classes.

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 14, 2020, 11:18:25 PM

Why do you hate Ireland? :(

Solmyr

So they went the route of royal ultimate super duper extra special edition and expansion pass. Yeah, pass. ( :nelson: )

Maladict

Quote from: Solmyr on May 15, 2020, 03:48:57 AM
So they went the route of royal ultimate super duper extra special edition and expansion pass. Yeah, pass.

Which includes a grand total of one expansion and some flavor fluff. Pass indeed.

Tamas

Did we know its releasing 1st of September?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/05/14/hands-on-preview-crusader-kings-3-is-the-rpg-that-will-suck-you-into-grand-strategy/

"The RPG that will suck you into grand strategy". I would prefer it the other way around. :P