Main Menu

Nel cammin del mezzo di nostra vita

Started by Maladict, July 26, 2019, 03:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Maladict on September 18, 2019, 11:00:27 AM
Quote from: merithyn on September 18, 2019, 10:53:29 AM
Quote from: Maladict on September 17, 2019, 01:06:35 PM
Bloody hell, 50k in this kind of terrain is pushing it. Not sure if I can manage another day of punishment.

How'd it go today?

I took a paracetamol and powered through the whole thing without a break  :)

Waiting for a train to take me home, rail traffic around Cologne is hellish, as usual.

Good for you! :yeah:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Maladict

This shitty weather is good for one thing, planning the next trip.

This year's itinerary will lead from Aachen to Metz, with a third imperial city (Trier) roughly halfway.
Eight days of about 40km each, as a can't take more than a week off work I sacrificed the recovery day in Trier.  :(

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on March 06, 2020, 07:27:13 AM

This shitty weather is good for one thing, planning the next trip.

This year's itinerary will lead from Aachen to Metz, with a third imperial city (Trier) roughly halfway.
Eight days of about 40km each, as a can't take more than a week off work I sacrificed the recovery day in Trier.  :(

:cool:

Mal that's a pretty epic march, good luck with it.

I like you, have been planning due to the bad weather, but nearly all of my ideas involve some use of trains probably during the peak of the corona virus.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Woulda been kinda cool to schlep through St. Vith and Bastogne.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

First dry weekend day of the year, tried out my new backpack which I had very high expectations of and it was bad. Just couldn't get the fit right, my right shoulder hurts and hips are chafed.
Still got 35km in so not a complete loss.

Quote from: mongers on March 06, 2020, 07:51:24 PM
Mal that's a pretty epic march, good luck with it.

I like you, have been planning due to the bad weather, but nearly all of my ideas involve some use of trains probably during the peak of the corona virus.  <_<

Trains should be fairly ok, no?

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2020, 07:53:11 PM
Woulda been kinda cool to schlep through St. Vith and Bastogne.

St. Vith is on the route, Bastogne is on the wrong side of Luxembourg unfortunately.

Quote from: Syt on March 07, 2020, 01:49:27 AM
"Screw you, Luxembourg!"

Heh, yeah it does look like that. I'll actually be weaving in and out of Luxembourg for a couple of days.
The Our valley, Vianden, Echternach and Little Switzerland are on the route.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on March 07, 2020, 01:49:27 AM

"Screw you, Luxembourg!"

How prophetic  :lol:
Readjusting the tour (again) to bypass Luxembourg altogether. Not in the mood for mandatory testing (not to mention quarantine) when entering Germany.

merithyn

Where do you stay on your hikes, Mal? Do you camp, or do you grab a hotel/hostel/inn?

Maladict

Quote from: merithyn on August 07, 2020, 11:04:33 AM
Where do you stay on your hikes, Mal? Do you camp, or do you grab a hotel/hostel/inn?

Hotels, I need a decent bed and a shower. Having them booked in advance hopefully helps me push on, because I have to get there or else the whole trip falls apart.

merithyn

Quote from: Maladict on August 07, 2020, 05:47:35 PM
Quote from: merithyn on August 07, 2020, 11:04:33 AM

Hotels, I need a decent bed and a shower. Having them booked in advance hopefully helps me push on, because I have to get there or else the whole trip falls apart.

That's good to know. Helpful. thank you.

Maladict

In fact, I prefer a hotel with restaurant, so I don't have to put in anymore effort if I don't feel like it. :blush:

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on August 08, 2020, 03:46:45 AM
In fact, I prefer a hotel with restaurant, so I don't have to put in anymore effort if I don't feel like it. :blush:

:cool:

A winning way.

Richard Hakluyt

Need to carry less gear that way too. I like camping and walking but the weight of camping gear is quite a dampener.

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 08, 2020, 12:52:55 PM
Need to carry less gear that way too. I like camping and walking but the weight of camping gear is quite a dampener.

:yes:

And on a bike it's makes the packing and unpacking seem to take hours.  <_<

Oexmelin

Quote from: Maladict on August 08, 2020, 03:46:45 AM

That's the historical way, anyways.
Que le grand cric me croque !