Where would you tell a first time visitor to your country to visit?

Started by Savonarola, July 15, 2019, 03:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

I'd suggest Reykjavík and the southern part of Iceland for a first time visitor. It's a short drive from the capital to nature and volcanoes and geysers. Just be careful of the Chinese tourists.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

OttoVonBismarck

If you want the city most representative of America, I think you go to Cincinnati, OH. It's nothing impressive as a tourist destination, but it has the right mixture of a real city w/typical American urban attributes (both culturally and politically), and has a ton of quick access to "real rural America" as well as the traditional American suburb. The Cincy Metro area I think is one of the most representative of America as a whole.

I think it'd make a crappy vacation though, especially one you flew across the Atlantic for--if someone just wanted to have an enjoyable time I'd point them to some of our national parks and such, or depending on who they were I'd advise they check out several cities. Like going Boston-->NYC-->Philly-->Baltimore-->DC would give you a good east coast experience, or at least an interesting one.