Who should the democrats pick to run against Trump

Started by jimmy olsen, April 01, 2019, 06:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should the democrats nominate to run against Trump?

Joe Biden
5 (12.2%)
Bernie Sanders
9 (22%)
Kamala Harris
5 (12.2%)
Beto O'Rourke
3 (7.3%)
Elizabeth Warren
4 (9.8%)
Amy Klobuchar
3 (7.3%)
Kirsten Gillibrand
0 (0%)
Cory Booker
2 (4.9%)
Pete Buttigieg
5 (12.2%)
Other
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

derspiess

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/normie

Quotenormie
NOUN
informal
An ordinary or conventional person, as distinguished from someone who is a member of a particular group or subculture.

'I need a guide for geeks struggling to buy presents for normies'
'the venue had a 'no blue jeans' policy to keep out normies'

Raz sees the alt-right everywhere.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

They usually do. The whole hate for women thing tends to lead to ideologies that hate women.
And then there's the "Foreigners stealing our women!" trope.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on April 04, 2019, 02:47:02 PM
They usually do. The whole hate for women thing tends to lead to ideologies that hate women.

Take Milo (please!).  He's clearly alt-right, but obviously not an incel.

Or the manifestos of incel killers really make zero reference to other races.

Valmy

The alt-right has many different aggrieved groups. The incels just have different people they have grievances towards. Female-type people.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2019, 03:11:01 PM

Are you really claiming that the alt-right is defined by Milo so that unless a group has something in common with him they cannot possibly be alt-right?

Admiral Yi

Just learned that ex Colorado gov Hickenlooper is running.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 04, 2019, 03:49:59 PM

Are you really claiming that the alt-right is defined by Milo so that unless a group has something in common with him they cannot possibly be alt-right?

No.

I said that the alt-right and incels are different, but with some overlap.  An overlapping venn diagram if you will.  I pointed to Milo as an example of  an alt-right person who is obviously not an incel, given his flamboyant homosexuality.

Valmy

Meh it is all two complicated. Incels are kind of a sad group so I don't blame the Alt-Right for not wanting to claim them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

Or the manifestos of incel killers really make zero reference to other races.

An apple is a fruit. Not all fruit are apples.

Those incels that don't overlap with the alt right don't overlap with any politics. Though with what I know of incels these people are small in number. Their entire schtick is rage with the system thats denying them a chance of getting laid.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on April 04, 2019, 04:45:11 PM
Those incels that don't overlap with the alt right don't overlap with any politics. Though with what I know of incels these people are small in number. Their entire schtick is rage with the system thats denying them a chance of getting laid.

I've seen nothing about any "system."  You're projecting your own Marxism. I've seen plenty of rage about hotties that don't bang them and dudes who do get laid.

Valmy