News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Console] NCAA Football '10

Started by Ed Anger, July 13, 2009, 05:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 14, 2009, 09:56:18 AM
Fffff  I started a new dynasty (without importing the SLC heh) using Florida International, and just got utterly annihilated in my first three games (@Bama, @Rutgers, Toledo), but ended up managing to win the next three in a row, including two on the road, which were all conference games.  3-3 (3-0).  Nice.

FIU is weird.  Their QB and top WRs all have very respectable ratings, considering the team and all, but it's rather difficult getting anything going with them using the passing game.  THP and THA are high for the QB (88 and 90, overall 88), but he'll just lob the ball to nowhere if I don't try to "aim" it myself.   The WRs are 87 and 81 (CTH 86, 78, catch in traffic some similar numbers, etc), but they both have really bad cases of the drops if I don't do it for them, which can be irritating sometimes since I suck at this game and screw it up a lot. 

Also, I can't run a proper screen to save my life.  <_<

Edit:  And of course now that I typed this, I can suddenly just light things up with this offense.

Heh.  My favourite dynasty was 3-4 years ago playing Florida Atlantic, which is FIU's rival.  I was getting killed my first year or so, but managed to win the NC in about my 4th or 5th year.  :)

And I've never been able to pull off a proper screen.  :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2009, 04:45:23 PM

My daughter yelled 'BRUTUS!' when he ran on the field after a touchdown.  :cry:
What a beautiful moment.  :cry:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 14, 2009, 02:40:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2009, 04:45:23 PM

My daughter yelled 'BRUTUS!' when he ran on the field after a touchdown.  :cry:
What a beautiful moment.  :cry:

My kid is struggling to say "Mountaineers".  He's just about got it, though.  I'm starting to regret I taught him to say "Bengals" every time he saw a Bungles logo.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2009, 03:09:50 PM
My kid is struggling to say watch the "Mountaineers". 

I think you meant to say...

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2009, 04:21:56 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2009, 03:09:50 PM
My kid is struggling to say watch the "Mountaineers". 

I think you meant to say...

College football smack from a fucking canuck.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2009, 10:16:14 AM
Just FYI, you can download named rosters by going to the EA locker of Lanteri87 and downloading his roster.  Hopefully he didn't screw with anything other than the names.

Oh and MBM, I sent you a friend request :)

Cool..accepted.   :)  I didn't know you could access the dashboard without leaving the game now.  Nice feature they stuck in there.

Quote from: BeebHeh.  My favourite dynasty was 3-4 years ago playing Florida Atlantic, which is FIU's rival.  I was getting killed my first year or so, but managed to win the NC in about my 4th or 5th year.  :)

I jumped to Marshall after the first season, but I ended up 9-4 in that one.  :o The winning streak went to 7 before I got my ass totally kicked by Florida, then won the FAU rivalry game (by 3, and that's after I managed two pick 6s in the 4th quarter) and the New Orleans Bowl against ECU. 

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 14, 2009, 04:23:54 PM

No shit.  I don't even know how to reply to that-- and do I have to phrase it in both English and French?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2009, 09:05:43 PM

No shit.  I don't even know how to reply to that-- and do I have to phrase it in both English and French?

It is like getting dating advice from the autistic kid down the street.

Barrister

:rolleyes:

I'll remind you gentlemen that my alma mater has won a national championship within the last three years.  How about you?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on September 16, 2009, 12:11:32 AM

:rolleyes:

I'll remind you gentlemen that my alma mater has won a national championship within the last three years.  How about you?

yay! the Special Olympics has a winner!

derspiess

Well, technically my alma mater won a national championship, too :rolleyes:

MadBurgerMaker

Tulsa just ran a wildcat play against me.  :mad:  I can't even get away from it in video games, although maybe they won't try it again, since I stuffed the shit out of it.

Ed Anger

Went back to the game. Created a Jim McMahon type player for the Road to Glory mode who is riding the pine for the Cal Golden Bears.

The game better start my d00d or I'll go back to pulverizing teams with Ohio State.  :lol:

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on September 17, 2009, 03:53:40 PM

Well, technically my alma mater won a national championship, too :rolleyes:

:hug:

It's too bad your NC was in a lower division though - the Bisons win was in the top (well, to be honest, only) division of Canadian Intercollegiate Sports. :yeah:

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2009, 06:42:20 PM
:hug:

It's too bad your NC was in a lower division though - the Bisons win was in the top (well, to be honest, only) division of Canadian Intercollegiate Sports. :yeah:

I-AA is like watching slightly bigger, slightly more athletic high school football, but with more passing (thank God).  But yeah, I'd feel pretty safe putting it above your title :contract: