News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Console] NCAA Football '10

Started by Ed Anger, July 13, 2009, 05:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2009, 01:43:53 PM
I have no idea if that is in. You do have the Navy and Air Force Flexbone to use.

It just is not the same without Tommy Frazier :P

I had not thought about WV and the other spread option running attacks those might be fun.

Maybe if Michigan ever gets good at running it they will be able to attract the talent needed to be a new Nebraska running juggernaut.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 16, 2009, 03:27:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2009, 01:43:53 PM
I have no idea if that is in. You do have the Navy and Air Force Flexbone to use.

It just is not the same without Tommy Frazier :P

I had not thought about WV and the other spread option running attacks those might be fun.

Maybe if Michigan ever gets good at running it they will be able to attract the talent needed to be a new Nebraska running juggernaut.

You can always get an old sega genesis and a copy of Bill Walsh football from 1992.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2009, 05:07:04 PM
You can always get an old sega genesis and a copy of Bill Walsh football from 1992.

Too old.  That was back in the black black days of Miami and Florida State.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 16, 2009, 05:18:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2009, 05:07:04 PM

Too old.  That was back in the black black days of Miami and Florida State.

Lee Corso hates you.

Ed Anger

Also, the microtransaction bullshit is getting out of control.

Me playing the Ohio State University:

Hmmm. Recruit advisor. Sounds interesting.

*screen pops up asking if I want to purchase the advisor*

No, fuck you EA. I'll do what I normally do, and generally let the machine do it.

*Would you like an extra pipeline state?*

yeah. I can mooch off Florida and all those receivers that breed like rabbits down there.

*screen pops up asking if I want to purchase the extra pipeline state*

No, fuck that. I'll just rape the midwest for talent, thank you very much.

Neil

EA is making you pay cash for that sort of thing?

Wow.  EA is worse than Hitler.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2009, 07:15:40 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 15, 2009, 11:07:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2009, 05:24:05 PM
I must run down the middle. Woody Hayes demands it.

That's how I'm teaching Tommy to play, Archie Griffin jersey & all  ^_^

3 yards and a cloud of dust. :yes:

Too bad it was 3rd and 12 at the time.  Florida scored two plays later.  :P

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on July 16, 2009, 10:55:03 PM
Too bad it was 3rd and 12 at the time.  Florida scored two plays later.  :P

The SEC shall have its comeuppance!

Someday...

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on July 16, 2009, 08:03:20 PM
EA is making you pay cash for that sort of thing?

Wow.  EA is worse than Hitler.

EA knows people are suckers. In the free battlefield heroes, they have a microtransaction system for buying new uniforms. When I see a dude pimped out in the game, I see a sucker.

Ed Anger

Lee Corso berated me for running up the score. The Sunshine Scooter hates me. :weep:

BUT I CALLED THE PLAY YOU GAVE ME. LOVE ME LEE CORSO!

Ed Anger

Seedy will be amused that as Ohio State, I couldn't beat Alabama in the Outback bowl. And I tried twice.

After further play, I like that the QB pocket can exist now, and if you have a good line, you can take your eye off the line for a second to look at the receivers. And the disrupted graphics when looking at the play in an away stadium to simulate crowd noise/rattled QB.

I disliked the midget that was playing for the Marshall Thundering Turd. Fucker wasn't even up to the waist of the other players. Must have been a bug.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2009, 03:01:18 PMSeedy will be amused that as Ohio State, I couldn't beat Alabama in the Outback bowl. And I tried twice.

Amazing how computer programming increasingly imitates life.  LULZ SWEATERVEST MONKEY

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2009, 06:50:24 PM
Also, the microtransaction bullshit is getting out of control.

Me playing the Ohio State University:

Hmmm. Recruit advisor. Sounds interesting.

*screen pops up asking if I want to purchase the advisor*

No, fuck you EA. I'll do what I normally do, and generally let the machine do it.

*Would you like an extra pipeline state?*

yeah. I can mooch off Florida and all those receivers that breed like rabbits down there.

*screen pops up asking if I want to purchase the extra pipeline state*

No, fuck that. I'll just rape the midwest for talent, thank you very much.

Yeah, that was fun when it took me to the purchase screen.  I had assumed you could "purchase" them with accumulated game points or something.  EA did that in the original Godfather game-- some weapons & hired gunmen cost MS points.  It's one thing if it's an expansion pack or maps or something, but something that shows up in the game as shipped is crossing the line.

Wait til you see the fee for adding created team slots (above the 12 or so you get for free).  The jerks want the equivalent of $15 for an extra 10 slots. 

Speaking of the created teams, there are already a buttload of them out there to download (my junior high team is a work in progress but it's out there under my name).  Someone created a University of Delaware team-- might run them through a season in the MAC or C-USA.

Oh, and there's also a profanity warning that pops up when you go to download someone's created team :shifty:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2009, 10:22:18 AM

Yeah, that was fun when it took me to the purchase screen.  I had assumed you could "purchase" them with accumulated game points or something.  EA did that in the original Godfather game-- some weapons & hired gunmen cost MS points.  It's one thing if it's an expansion pack or maps or something, but something that shows up in the game as shipped is crossing the line.

Wait til you see the fee for adding created team slots (above the 12 or so you get for free).  The jerks want the equivalent of $15 for an extra 10 slots. 

Speaking of the created teams, there are already a buttload of them out there to download (my junior high team is a work in progress but it's out there under my name).  Someone created a University of Delaware team-- might run them through a season in the MAC or C-USA.

Oh, and there's also a profanity warning that pops up when you go to download someone's created team :shifty:

There was a few more during the offseason. One to purchase an thing to offer recruits extras to come to your school and one if you are doing a small school to boost your players stats more.

None of it is needed, I got Ohio State to an A+ rating on offense and Defense without having to buy extra bullshit.

Ed Anger

Also, my Erin Andrews hate has abated a bit after seeing her naked in that peephole footage.