News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Console] NCAA Football '10

Started by Ed Anger, July 13, 2009, 05:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

So who's got their pre-order in for Black College Football Experience for the 360?  :D

I'm actually curious to know how a football game based on the Unreal engine would work. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2009, 11:35:31 PM
So who's got their pre-order in for Black College Football Experience for the 360?  :D

I'm actually curious to know how a football game based on the Unreal engine would work.

Fuck that.  Backbreaker is the one we need to be hoping doesn't suck.    :cool:

http://www.backbreakergame.com/

"NFL style" football though.

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 28, 2009, 12:01:41 AM
Fuck that.  Backbreaker is the one we need to be hoping doesn't suck.    :cool:

http://www.backbreakergame.com/

"NFL style" football though.

That's it-- I'm canceling my Madden pre-order.

:lol:  Wonder if they play that soundtrack the entire game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on July 28, 2009, 12:51:10 AM
That's it-- I'm canceling my Madden pre-order.

:lol:  Wonder if they play that soundtrack the entire game.

:D 

Honestly, I'd be a bit surprised if it didn't just turn out to be a pimped out tech demo for that engine.  Maybe EA will buy it and use it for NCAA/Madden 11 or 12. 

MadBurgerMaker

Anyone still playing this, or did everyone move on to Madden when it came out?  I ended up picking it up on Friday, and I'm having a pretty good time.  Teambuilder is pretty cool now that customer support got everything working right for me.  :blush:  I've made the entire Southland Conference (well...the football teams...replaced the Sun Belt with them...not too huge of a drop off heh), and goddammit, it's awesome.  A whole conference of cupcakes battling it out for the opportunity to be crushed in a bowl game by the likes of Ohio or Buffalo.

Edit:  I just recruited an obese wide receiver who also happens to be fast.  Sweet.

If anyone wants to kick my ass in MP, let me know.  LETS DO THIS

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 08, 2009, 12:25:00 AM
Anyone still playing this, or did everyone move on to Madden when it came out?  I ended up picking it up on Friday, and I'm having a pretty good time.  Teambuilder is pretty cool now that customer support got everything working right for me.  :blush:  I've made the entire Southland Conference (well...the football teams...replaced the Sun Belt with them...not too huge of a drop off heh), and goddammit, it's awesome.  A whole conference of cupcakes battling it out for the opportunity to be crushed in a bowl game by the likes of Ohio or Buffalo.

Edit:  I just recruited an obese wide receiver who also happens to be fast.  Sweet.

Are you on Xbox or PS3?  If Xbox, let me know your gamer tag & I'll add you.  I'm probably at least as bad playing online as you are, since I try to play the game like an actual football game & not just use glitches/exploits over & over.

I haven't played NCAA 10 for a couple weeks but I want to pick it back up :)

Ed Anger

I got through 3 seasons of Ohio State (and 2 BCS championships) before giving it a break.

I was thinking of doing that create a player thingie, especially since you do the high school championships, but my loathing of Erin Andrews puts me off that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2009, 10:33:01 AM
I got through 3 seasons of Ohio State (and 2 BCS championships) before giving it a break.

I was thinking of doing that create a player thingie, especially since you do the high school championships, but my loathing of Erin Andrews puts me off that.

You can skip through all the Erin Andrews stuff pretty easily.  The high school playoff thing is a good change of pace (playing as a particular position instead of everything), plus the arbitrary high school names generated from random city names can be entertaining.  The odds do seem a little stacked in favor of your own team, but that's okay IMO since you can't control anything outside of what your player does.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2009, 10:42:12 AM
Erin Andrews is the Antichrist.

She doesn't bother me at all.  I just wish EA would integrate her recent video into the game :)

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 08, 2009, 12:25:00 AM

Can you import actual team logos and whatnot for Create-A-School?  A few years ago I played around with a created Manitoba Bisons, but it just wasn't the same.  :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2009, 10:42:12 AM
Erin Andrews is the Antichrist.

It sort of freaks me out how friendly she gets with Texas baseball coach Augie Garrido.  I have heard of daddy issues but grand-daddy issues?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2009, 10:13:02 AM
Are you on Xbox or PS3?  If Xbox, let me know your gamer tag & I'll add you.  I'm probably at least as bad playing online as you are, since I try to play the game like an actual football game & not just use glitches/exploits over & over.

I haven't played NCAA 10 for a couple weeks but I want to pick it back up :)

Xbox.  Gamertag: MadBurgerMaker.

And yeah, I play like that too.

Quote from: BeebCan you import actual team logos and whatnot for Create-A-School?  A few years ago I played around with a created Manitoba Bisons, but it just wasn't the same.  :(

You can indeed use actual logos.  You make the team on your computer, then download it onto your console.  There's an option to use generic logos, logos already in the game (for example, the Longhorns logo), and then there's the option to upload your own main and secondary (you can also use those to pick your team colors instead of the palette thing).  It's pretty cool, although they still don't allow text on the front of uniforms for some reason, despite shitloads of teams having that.  You can put a logo in the front-center though.

MadBurgerMaker

Fffff  I started a new dynasty (without importing the SLC heh) using Florida International, and just got utterly annihilated in my first three games (@Bama, @Rutgers, Toledo), but ended up managing to win the next three in a row, including two on the road, which were all conference games.  3-3 (3-0).  Nice.

FIU is weird.  Their QB and top WRs all have very respectable ratings, considering the team and all, but it's rather difficult getting anything going with them using the passing game.  THP and THA are high for the QB (88 and 90, overall 88), but he'll just lob the ball to nowhere if I don't try to "aim" it myself.   The WRs are 87 and 81 (CTH 86, 78, catch in traffic some similar numbers, etc), but they both have really bad cases of the drops if I don't do it for them, which can be irritating sometimes since I suck at this game and screw it up a lot. 

Also, I can't run a proper screen to save my life.  <_<

Edit:  And of course now that I typed this, I can suddenly just light things up with this offense. 

derspiess

Just FYI, you can download named rosters by going to the EA locker of Lanteri87 and downloading his roster.  Hopefully he didn't screw with anything other than the names.

Oh and MBM, I sent you a friend request :)