Main Menu

Beatles or Stones

Started by Warspite, July 11, 2009, 06:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles or the Rolling Stones

Beatles
Stones

Siege

I see all the euro guys over here prefer the Beat-less.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Cerr

I'm not a huge fan of either but between the two I much prefer the Beatles.

PDH

Beatles, even the experimentation. They led the pack, others tried to make music like they did.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Richard Hakluyt

write in vote for Bob Dylan.

PDH

Go punch a punching bag.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 12, 2009, 05:22:19 PM

I'm trying to build my Dylan collection up. After 30 some years of hating his stuff, I've suddenly started liking it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 12, 2009, 05:28:17 PM
I'm trying to build my Dylan collection up. After 30 some years of hating his stuff, I've suddenly started liking it.
OMG, Sulla has retired to his estates to engage in orgies and Dylan parties!
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Richard Hakluyt

I guess you have to be a miserable old bastard to appreciate it. Luckily I achieved that status some 30 years ago  :yeah:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 12, 2009, 05:31:11 PM

I guess you have to be a miserable old bastard to appreciate it. Luckily I achieved that status some 30 years ago  :yeah:

:D

I like to play Love Sick really, really loud. Then follow it up with either House Carpenter or All along the watchtower.

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on July 12, 2009, 05:29:59 PM
OMG, Sulla has retired to his estates to engage in orgies and Dylan parties!

And Bluegrass.

saskganesh

Stones of course. their creative rock peak was incredible. and they still put on a good show.
humans were created in their own image

katmai

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 12, 2009, 12:55:53 PM
Quote from: katmai on July 12, 2009, 06:05:24 AM
Beatles over stones, but have to agree Sam and Otis and Stax over them all.

If you ever end up in Memphis, the Stax Museum is definitely worth checking out.  I spent about 5 hours there.  They've even got Isaac Hayes's powder blue Eldorado Cadillac perpetually rotating on display!
sadly my last visit to Memphis was too brief, was on road trip with tricky dick and along with am scip stopped for ribs and met his parents.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 12, 2009, 02:46:19 AM
The Kinks!  :bowler:
Good choice.

I've moved all over the place on this but I have to go for the Beatles in the end.  I'd take their music to a desert island but I'd rather see the Stones live, at their peak.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

They have been flatlining for 40 years. At least Beatles knew when to pull the plug.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DontSayBanana

write in vote for Bob Dylan Seger.

Edited to display real musical talent. Dylan writes okay, but for some reason, he thinks that he can sing, and that sets him back more than a few points. :contract:
Experience bij!