Beatles or Stones

Started by Warspite, July 11, 2009, 06:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles or the Rolling Stones

Beatles
Stones

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Norgy on July 17, 2009, 10:32:51 AM
Did it include the raping of Martha & The Vandellas' "Dancing In The Street" with him and Bowie in hip & cool 80s overcoats?

Yi's statement made me curious, so I did a quick search. Jagger's first solo album which was released in the 80s made it to #6 on the chart. His fourth album which was from around 2001 only sold 950 copies the first day. I didn't find anything about any more after that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

Anyway, the 60s compilation strikes me as a bit odd.

If anything, Stones had their best 60s album in 1969. The Beatles were starting to just be high on acid around then and released diverse mystery tours and albums.

The Kinks were, in my opinion, much better than the 1960s Rolling Stones, and I'd also give honourable mention to Herman's Hermits and even Gerry & The Pacemakers, despite invading my ears every time some moustached cunt with perm and a red shirt is on the telly.

saskganesh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2009, 09:24:09 AM
Quote from: Warspite on July 16, 2009, 09:10:48 AM
Brain-dead albums? And what has John Lennon produced in the last 20 years?  :rolleyes:
Enriched soil.

Fun fact: Mick Jagger's last (only?) solo album sold 50 copies world wide.

usually that only happens because the record company doesn't ship it to stores. a similar thing happened with Joe Strummer's "Earthquake Weather". He was on a  world tour in support of the release, and he was in Japan, and the record was not available for sale anyway in the country. then he went to America, and the new record was not in any Tower records. and so on.
humans were created in their own image

Neil

Why would a record company do that?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.