Beatles or Stones

Started by Warspite, July 11, 2009, 06:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles or the Rolling Stones

Beatles
Stones

Warspite

Jagger & co all the way, for me.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Brain

Had to vote Beatles since the Stones are a joke and are only remembered today because they're still around.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

What? Did I accidentally vote Stones? FAIL :face:

Admiral Yi

Beatles.  Songwriting genius over showmanship.

The Brain

I demand a recount. The results freak me out.

DisturbedPervert

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

Beatles = vastly overrated

Ed Anger

They both suck donkey dick.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

Both awesome in my books. slight edge to Beatles for my own sentimental reasons. Really though as bands aside from both being sort of "Invasion" bands, they are as different as night and day.

I can listen to a few songs or an album of either of these bands most any day.

people who go on about how over rated either band is, is just being an asshole. They are institutions. They aren't going anywhere.
:p

Syt

60s/70s Stones > Beatles > 80s - present Stones

The current Stones are the best Stones cover band these days, though. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Never saw the attraction of the Stones, frankly.  At their best they were... loud.

Simon and Garfunkel own both of them, though the Beatles less than the Stones.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on July 12, 2009, 12:09:21 AM
Never saw the attraction of the Stones, frankly.  At their best they were... loud.

Simon and Garfunkel own both of them, though the Beatles less than the Stones.

Simon and Garfunkel were great, but not all that versatile(at least when they were together*). The Beatles could rock out one song, then be as tender as S&G the next.

*Of course Paul Simon's solo career he continued making soft music, just with more exotic instruments.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 12, 2009, 12:18:45 AM
Simon and Garfunkel were great, but not all that versatile(at least when they were together*). The Beatles could rock out one song, then be as tender as S&G the next.
Well, they were definately different genres, but S&G had no bungled songs like "Why Don't We Do It in the Road' or "Tomorrow Never Knows."

True, they only released five albums, but that was at least in part because they didn't fill them with filler crap.

"The Complete Simon and Garfunkel" has more great songs, IMO, the "The Complete Beatles."  Add George Harrison's post-Beatles stuff, and I will concede the tie.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Close run thing, but The Stones later stuff is crap, whereas the split Beatles stuff has some ok to amazing things.  Put together, The Stones lasted too long and The Beatles maybe not long enough.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."