NYU LGBT Group Welcomes a Visiting Professor From Singapore

Started by Faeelin, July 10, 2009, 10:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on July 11, 2009, 09:43:13 PM
Quoterejected the "imperialism" of the international LGBT rights framework

Holy shit. :frusty:  Asking for rights is imperialism now.

This is why western multiculturalists are retarded.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

And this is a person supposedly for human rights?
Only insofar as they recognize "humans" in Singapore.

It's kinda like Marti talking about math or Beeb talking about individual freedoms:  you have to just celebrate that they even recognize the existance of the concepts, even if they don't understand them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DisturbedPervert

She probably just wants government help getting her husband to stop cruising for cock.

Martinus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 12, 2009, 12:24:59 AM

She probably just wants government help getting her husband to stop cruising for cock.

Considering she looks like this:

I bet her husband is taking whatever else he can get.

Faeelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 11, 2009, 01:25:17 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on July 10, 2009, 10:27:29 PM
However, NYU Outlaw pledged to engage the visiting professor in a dialogue in the fall rather than call for her removal.
Is this a euphemism for heckle?

Nah. The consensus was that she's so batshit crazy she'll look ridiculous, as she defends her decision to fine a home improvement show for showing a gay couple renovating a nursery or her book about the antichrist creating public disorder.

But yes, angry lesbians are always up for heckling.

Also, I made Law Review. BOW BEFORE ME.

grumbler

Quote from: Faeelin on July 13, 2009, 01:39:28 PM
Thio continues her spiral of sadness here:

http://abovethelaw.com/2009/07/dr_li-ann_thio_v_random_nyu_la.php#comments

HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!
If anyone here is every accused of being a "whiny bitch," said person should refer the accuser to this letter by Li-ann Thio.  It is the gold standard of whiny bitchiness, and pretty much takes the phrase out of common use.

I suggest "punk bitch" be used here from now on, retiring the phrase "whiny bitch" in her honor.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Luckily, I am a whinny bitch, so her defining the term just missed me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

And now:http://abovethelaw.com/2009/07/breaking_dr_thio_might_not_com.php

I'm pretty happy since this came without any student group demanding her rescission; nobody was willing to sign up for her class, while a thousand or so students, alumn, and former deans basicall sent the current Dean a letter saying WTF.

Oh yes, her threat to sue a student for libel for dispersing an article from a Singapore's University's Law Review about her efforts to censor the media didn't really help.

Neil

Wow.  Faggots really don't like human rights, do they?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on July 22, 2009, 09:15:49 PM
Wow.  Faggots really don't like human rights, do they?
Not so sure about that, but I am sure that the legislature of Singapore does not.

Bayraktar!

Faeelin

Okay, so I've been asked to help write a piece and get interviewed by a Singapore blog about the happenings, and rebut an article in Singapore's Law Review about why to maintain 377A. It's kind of jarring. I'm not surprised that there are people in Singapore who ramble about bugchasers. I am amazed that people do so in the country's most prestigious journal of legal scholarship.

Jaron

Quote from: Faeelin on August 01, 2009, 07:50:43 PM
Okay, so I've been asked to help write a piece and get interviewed by a Singapore blog about the happenings, and rebut an article in Singapore's Law Review about why to maintain 377A. It's kind of jarring. I'm not surprised that there are people in Singapore who ramble about bugchasers. I am amazed that people do so in the country's most prestigious journal of legal scholarship.

You are prestigious, my love!
Winner of THE grumbler point.