News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Are you your father's son (or daughter?)

Started by Faeelin, July 10, 2009, 08:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I wish I could marry a girl just like the girl who married dear old dad.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zanza

Quote from: Siege on July 10, 2009, 01:31:02 PMOne thing we do have in commun is that we both can't hold a grudge for more than 5 minutes.
You seem to hold a grudge against Arabs for a bit more than 5 minutes.

Queequeg

My dad's a lapsed Mormon repressed homosexual with a teenage daughter who doesn't talk to him and a loveless marriage.  If I was in my dad's position, I would have either tried to fix it with all my energy or killed myself.  Not like him much.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on July 11, 2009, 12:40:05 AM
Quote from: Siege on July 10, 2009, 01:31:02 PMOne thing we do have in commun is that we both can't hold a grudge for more than 5 minutes.
You seem to hold a grudge against Arabs for a bit more than 5 minutes.

He holds a grudge against an Arab for 5 minutes, then moves on to the next Arab.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alatriste

I'm quite simillar to my father, but as I grow older I'm starting to be even closer to my father's father in some aspects. His mouth, his eyebrows and forehead... and some of his temper. I hope this trend doesn't go too far, because Grandpa was (or became in his last years) very irascible, a sore loser, and extremely good at holding grudges - he hated Germans so much because of the Civil War that he could never bear watching a German team on TV!

Martinus

I'm a lot like my father, both in terms of looks (down to stuff like being unable to grow hair on certain parts of my face, thus inability to grow sideburns) and in terms of behaviour. He is a fucking panic/drama queen, too. :P

Martinus

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 10, 2009, 10:10:40 AM
I am a clone of my father. Edit: And my father was a clone of his father so I am a clone of my grandfathers clone.

Like we are going to fall for that trick. You are just immortal.  :rolleyes: