Are you your father's son (or daughter?)

Started by Faeelin, July 10, 2009, 08:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

No, thank god. I don't look or act a thing like my father, and that's good because the world only needs one of that schmuck. <_<
Experience bij!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Korea

Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2009, 10:46:33 AM
Quote from: Korea on July 10, 2009, 10:37:40 AM
I am the opposite.

You are a weakling controlled by your man?

Lol...well okay that could have been phrased better. I'd like to think I wear the pants in this relationship but it's probably about equal.
I want my mother fucking points!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

A bit.
I noticed last year in uni that I ended up seemingly knowing everyone- or rather everyone knowing me. I always used to joke about my dad knowing the whole town.
No clue why. Just...worked out that way.
Also the whole starting something and not finishing it before going onto the next thing is something I defiantly got from him.

Looks wise not really. My sister takes more from him. I've no clue who I look like.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2009, 10:53:02 AM
No, I'm my mother's son.

Well I am to.  I take after her and her side of the family very strongly.  Actually I am very similar to her brother.

She has an absolutely horrible sense of direction and unfortunately past that directly to me.  My brain just cannot tell the difference between left and right and north and south and so forth without really concentrating on it.  It is really annoying.  My father and sister on the other hand are like human compasses.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Jos Theelen

Just a mix of my father and mother. Physically more my father, mentally more my mother.

Siege

Quote from: Faeelin on July 10, 2009, 08:09:20 AM
One thing I've noticed, as I've become older, is how much like my father I am. Humor, looks (which, given how he now looks, makes me quasi-suicidal), interests, and increasingly personality. It has come very much to my attention recently that while both he and I don't generally speaking hold grudges, when we do get angry at someone we would like to sip the marrow from their bones in the ashes of all they hold dear.

So I'm curious. How much are you like your father? And how does it make you feel?

We have a few things in commun and some things very diferent.
My dad has a great sense of humor, which I obviously don't have, and he is far more conservative and closed to new ideas than I am.

One thing we do have in commun is that we both can't hold a grudge for more than 5 minutes.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

That's a giant fuck no.

We both have the big jew noses but completely different personalities and opinions. He's super closed minded, doesn't like black people, hates gay dudes and ladies,  redneck, and a weakling controlled by his woman.

I am the opposite.

You don't seem to keen on the black people who live around you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Korea

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2009, 02:50:30 PM
That's a giant fuck no.

We both have the big jew noses but completely different personalities and opinions. He's super closed minded, doesn't like black people, hates gay dudes and ladies,  redneck, and a weakling controlled by his woman.

I am the opposite.

What makes you say that?
I want my mother fucking points!

CountDeMoney

I look like my father, but I have my mother's temper. 
He's a cool, statesmanlike executive that knows how to work within organizational structure successfully.  I punch filing cabinets.

Siege

Quote from: Korea on July 10, 2009, 07:14:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2009, 02:50:30 PM
That's a giant fuck no.

I am the opposite.

What makes you say that?

You are mean to Garbon.

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2009, 07:51:18 PM
He's a cool, statesmanlike executive that knows how to work within organizational structure successfully.  I punch filing cabinets.

Raised by a dominant mother. That explains everything.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on July 10, 2009, 08:26:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2009, 07:51:18 PM

Raised by a dominant mother. That explains everything.

Mother is a saint!  :mad: