News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Grallon, March 10, 2009, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: vinraith on March 20, 2009, 11:46:47 PM
The single worst finale I've ever seen, to anything. Quite literally on par with Highlander 2 in its overwhelmingly horrible stupidity, trite moralizing, and general laughable idiocy. Neil's been right all along, I renounce the show after that.

A Highlander 2 reference. bravo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Korea

The single worst finale I've ever seen, to anything. Quite literally on par with Highlander 2 in its overwhelmingly horrible stupidity, trite moralizing, and general laughable idiocy. Neil's been right all along, I renounce the show after that.

Yeah. Ide said it sucked a lot. I didn't get to see it.
I want my mother fucking points!

I Killed Kenny

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Strix on March 21, 2009, 07:49:43 AM
Quote from: Vince on March 21, 2009, 07:29:23 AM
Well the space battle was great.  The ending was terrible.

What happened?

I missed most of it, but the ending could have been better.
PDH!

DisturbedPervert

Well the space battle was great. 

The space battle was fun, although still too deus ex for my tastes.  It'd been a long time though, so it was nice to see the guns fire up one last time.

Ideologue

I'm pissed that I bought the DVDs.  This isn't just a bad ending--it's a undermining of the entire show.  It is the worst possible thing they could have done.  There is no ending I can conceive worse than the one they gave us.

Shit, being cancelled before Daybreak would have been better.  Anytime I watch an old episode, Daybreak's going to be there, in my mind, mocking me, laughing at my answers to the questions each plot thread raises, cackling hysterically as we get closer to the worst, laziest exegesis of a plot in all human history.

If I imagine that the episode ends with Baltar convincing Cavil to be peaceful, I can almost still like the show.  Maybe I'll try that.  I doubt it'll work.

I feel like Cavil in that scene.  No hope, pull the trigger.  My soul is already dead.  Daybreak killed it.

Actually, where's Grallon?  He was kind of depressive already.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DisturbedPervert

I doubt I'll ever watch any of the episodes of this show that occurred after the caprica rescue again.  Maybe the mutiny episodes, so I can see Gaeta die.

Vince

Quote from: Strix on March 21, 2009, 07:49:43 AM
Well the space battle was great.  The ending was terrible.

What happened?

Hey good news we've landed on Earth and found safety!  Now lets junk our ships and technology then scatter across the globe into small packs with just a carry-on bag for each person and watch 95% of our population die from exposure!   ::)

Ideologue

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 21, 2009, 10:38:28 AM
I doubt I'll ever watch any of the episodes of this show that occurred after the caprica rescue again.  Maybe the mutiny episodes, so I can see Gaeta die.

This ending makes me wish Gaeta had won.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Ideologue on March 21, 2009, 10:49:16 AM
This ending makes me wish Gaeta had won.

No shit, now that I think of it.  At least he wouldn't have crashed their entire fleet in to the sun and forced everyone in to a stone age existence.

Darth Wagtaros

It was a clean slate.  Return to the Eden of bare sustenance survival. 
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 21, 2009, 11:24:02 AM
It was a clean slate.  Return to the Eden of bare sustenance survival.
Well, that was pretty stupid.

Still, did they manage to kill off everyone with the slightest bit of science or engineering knowledge?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

Most of them are gonna be dead soon, and the few alive are gonna be wearing animal skins, wiping their ass with leaves, and hoping they don't cut their foot on a rock, get infected, and die.  Not to mention living as hunter gatherers all their knowledge of their past mistakes will be destroyed, basically guaranteeing their descendants will make the same mistakes they did in the past.  Why bother spending 4 years fighting tooth and nail trying to escape the mechanical holocaust?  As soon as they found a planet they decided to abandon each other and everything needed to keep civilization alive, and go live as noble savages.

Oh that's right, it's God's plan.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Neil on March 21, 2009, 11:37:58 AM
Still, did they manage to kill off everyone with the slightest bit of science or engineering knowledge?

No, but the story supposedly exists in our timeline.  They landed 150,000 years ago, so apparently they had basically no impact and died out.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 21, 2009, 11:39:36 AM
Most of them are gonna be dead soon, and the few alive are gonna be wearing animal skins, wiping their ass with leaves, and hoping they don't cut their foot on a rock, get infected, and die.  Not to mention living as hunter gatherers all their knowledge of their past mistakes will be destroyed, basically guaranteeing their ancestors will make the same mistakes they did in the past.  Why bother spending 4 years fighting tooth and nail trying to escape the mechanical holocaust?  As soon as they found a planet they decided to abandon each other and everything needed to keep civilization alive, and go live as noble savages.

Oh that's right, it's God's plan.

I think you mean descendants. Not ancestors.
PDH!