And we're back!

Main Menu

MechWarrior (5) announced

Started by FunkMonk, July 09, 2009, 07:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Neil on July 12, 2009, 01:52:59 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 11, 2009, 10:23:46 AM
I'd prefer a new take on MechCommander instead of a console-bound action shooter. :(
Consoles have devastated gaming.

Without Japan no consoles. However, without Japan also no Gundam or Macross, i.e. no Battletech - bit of a conundrum here. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I just installed my old copy of Mechwarrior 3.  I found it with Mechwarrior 2 and my Dick Cheney rookie card.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

And it just crashes alot.  Oh well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2009, 05:20:53 AM
Without Japan no consoles. However, without Japan also no Gundam or Macross, i.e. no Battletech - bit of a conundrum here. :(
That's true.  I don't really hold anything against the older consoles, because they understood their limitations.  It's only now that everything has to have a 360 version that can be played using a gamepad that everything has gone down the drain.  Companies that won't do that shit, like Stardock, make a fine game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

This thread makes me all the more sad that I can only find one of my discs for Mercenaries. :weep:

Running materiel demolition from an armored-up Atlas packing a heavy gauss rifle was even more fun when one had access to a Steel Battalion controller and an Xbox-to-USB adapter. :contract:
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on July 12, 2009, 09:41:38 AM
That's true.  I don't really hold anything against the older consoles, because they understood their limitations.  It's only now that everything has to have a 360 version that can be played using a gamepad that everything has gone down the drain.  Companies that won't do that shit, like Stardock, make a fine game.

:yes: Mercenaries had such a lengthy control list that the only controller I was ever able to ignore the keyboard with was the massive Steel Battalion controller (for those that don't remember, it had a clutch and gear shifter, 3 joystick axes plus a hat switch, 49 buttons, and 5 toggle switches- yes, there was a windshield wiper button).
Experience bij!