News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

MechWarrior (5) announced

Started by FunkMonk, July 09, 2009, 07:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Yes. YES. YES.

I'm going to spend the rest of hte day in the office walking around like a battlemech making the appropriate ER Laser noises, LR rocket salvo noises, and "Heat Warning: Shutdown Imminent".
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Neil

Quote from: Warspite on July 10, 2009, 07:15:59 AM
Yes. YES. YES.

I'm going to spend the rest of hte day in the office walking around like a battlemech making the appropriate ER Laser noises, LR rocket salvo noises, and "Heat Warning: Shutdown Imminent".
:lol:

Hopefully they don't mess it up the way they did Mechwarrior 4.

Also:  Fucking Davions.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 10, 2009, 06:57:19 AM

I don't think I ever played 4.
I never played 4 either, but I've heard it wasn't as good as 2 or 3. If it's a completely free release, I guess I'll find out why.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on July 10, 2009, 07:37:22 AM

I thought Steiner and Davion were the good(er) guys?

The last Mechwarrior game I played was Mechwarrior in the early 90s.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2009, 08:24:57 AM
Quote from: Neil on July 10, 2009, 07:37:22 AM

I thought Steiner and Davion were the good(er) guys?

The last Mechwarrior game I played was Mechwarrior in the early 90s.

Munchkin players played Davion and Steiner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2009, 08:16:33 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 10, 2009, 06:57:19 AM

I don't think I ever played 4.
I never played 4 either, but I've heard it wasn't as good as 2 or 3. If it's a completely free release, I guess I'll find out why.

I should play more of MechWarrior 4 and Black Knight.  I've only really played MW4: Mercenaries, which I like a bit better than MW2: Mercenaries except for The Impossible Mission.

Valmy

I have to say I am intrigued by a Battletech reboot.  I lost interest with all the clan stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2009, 08:35:40 AM
I have to say I am intrigued by a Battletech reboot.  I lost interest with all the clan stuff.

They basically tried that with the wizkids clickytech game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I don't think I've ever played Mechwarrior 4 either.  I might have.  Either 4 or 3.  which ever it was it wasn't as much fun as Mercenaries. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2009, 08:36:43 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 10, 2009, 08:35:40 AM

They basically tried that with the wizkids clickytech game.

I mostly used the wizkids stuff as cheap minis for D&D.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malicious Intent

Excellent!   :)
I've always been a big fan of the pre-Clan era. Also, it's good to see the classic designs like the Warhammer back in the game. I hope the Marauder makes it too.

FunkMonk

The urban setting of the trailer looks great. I hope it works well in the actual game.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

I want my walking trashcan in the game.  It's the only mech I care about, other than the Atlas and maybe the Longbow.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on July 10, 2009, 01:28:12 PM
I want my walking trashcan in the game.  It's the only mech I care about, other than the Atlas and maybe the Longbow.

Urbanmech?

I was always a fan of the Locust.  Being able to accomplish anything in it was a bit of a challenge however...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on July 10, 2009, 01:33:55 PM
Urbanmech?

Yes.  I want to head-shot people with my AC/10.

As a side note, I hope that there are infantry, tanks and airpower in the game as well.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien