News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Foootball 2017

Started by grumbler, April 01, 2017, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

The Longhorn fan forums will probably be flooded by Bill from Sinton.

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

Quote from: dps on September 02, 2017, 03:01:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2017, 02:55:01 PM
This will probably wash Texas out of the top 25.

One would hope so, anyway.  They shouldn't have been in the top 25 to start with.  They were 5-7 last year, and while the expectation is certainly that they'll be better under Herman than under Strong, I think they should have had to actually show that improvement before being ranked.

The funny part was is Texas was the only top 25 program in the entire state and they had no business being there. Texas High School Football is pretty shitty.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Wyoming's season starts off with a big wet sloppy turd laid for all the fans.  Well, we are all used to this by now.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2017, 03:17:45 PM
Quote from: dps on September 02, 2017, 03:01:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2017, 02:55:01 PM
This will probably wash Texas out of the top 25.

One would hope so, anyway.  They shouldn't have been in the top 25 to start with.  They were 5-7 last year, and while the expectation is certainly that they'll be better under Herman than under Strong, I think they should have had to actually show that improvement before being ranked.

The funny part was is Texas was the only top 25 program in the entire state and they had no business being there. Texas High School Football is pretty shitty.

Ohio State thanks you for JK Dobbins.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

I've been impressed with Malik Zaire in the few snaps he's taken so far.  Florida didn't get 100 yards in almost 3 quarters with Franks, but Zaire has gotten them 40 yards in 6 plays.  Michigan is killing them but can't seem to put the game away.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

It's weird that Florida is still only down by 9.

E:  USC is tied with Western Michigan at the half.

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 02, 2017, 05:47:16 PM
It's weird that Florida is still only down by 9.

E:  USC is tied with Western Michigan at the half.

No longer down by only 9.  33-17 Michigan.

Florida's offence has only scored 3 points.  Michigan's defense has outscored Florida's offence.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

SEC teams cannot handle Big Ten speed.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Florida: 27 rushes for 11 yards.  :huh:

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on September 02, 2017, 06:11:22 PM

This is really dumb, even for a troll. Florida had 10 guys suspended, isn't exactly supposed to be the class of the SEC even at full strength, and was coming off a 30-3 victory over a big 10 team in a new years day bowl game.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on September 02, 2017, 06:35:19 PM

This is really dumb, even for a troll. Florida had 10 guys suspended, isn't exactly supposed to be the class of the SEC even at full strength, and was coming off a 30-3 victory over a big 10 team in a new years day bowl game.

Blah blah blah.  This was an old-fashioned ass-kicking, delivered mostly because Florida simply couldn't avoid Michigan's speed.  Michigan was missing guys, too.  That's how football works.

You remind me of the PSU apologists for their 49-10 asskicking last year; "wah, wah, wah, we were missing some linebackers."  How do missing linebackers account for scoring only 10 points?

Florida's offense was missing one suspended guy who would have played meaningful minutes, and scored 3 points in 60 minutes.  Even having that guy and having him double their offensive scoring would have lead to Florida losing 33-20.

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on September 02, 2017, 06:35:19 PM

Should've been aged.