News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Foootball 2017

Started by grumbler, April 01, 2017, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

And what about the team you're being paid to root for?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Arizona opens up against Northern Arizona.

What a waste of a perfectly good football game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Maryland's schedule is just used to mark off the weeks until basketball season begins.

Barrister

I don't follow Canadian university football much, although when I do I have a rooting interest in my alma mater, the U of Manitoba Bisons.

But I went to look up their schedule, and saw that they actually open their season up tonight.  The game will not be televised.

But what caught my eye (and in my throat) is that the Canadian equivalent to the NCAA has rebranded itself again.  For many years it was the CIAU - Canadian Inter-university Athletics Union.  That not exactly rolling off the tongue, they renamed it as the CIS - Canadian Interuniversity Sport.

Now, for 2017 it's changed again - to "U Sports".

:yuk:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 31, 2017, 12:43:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2017, 10:54:06 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2017, 12:35:00 PM
Well you will always have Towson.

Seedy and I have to wait til late October to start trash talking about Delaware-Towson, the ultimate CAA grudge match.

Did Delaware offer you in-state rates?

Yes.  My parents had lived there for a couple years before I transferred.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Delaware posts a video stream of their games now on the university athletic department website.  They combine that with audio from the radio broadcast and it works out pretty well, considering.  I got to watch most of the riveting Delaware - Delaware State game last night. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on September 02, 2017, 07:33:50 AM
Arizona football hype video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00m6LeKJWs

Probably should feature more Rich Rod being cursed in Morgantown and Ann Arbor. Then end with "Maybe (eventually) third time will be the charm???"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 01, 2017, 11:47:15 AM
Maryland's schedule is just used to mark off the weeks until basketball season begins.

They are not looking bad (except for the offensive line) against Texas).  They've got some running backs.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Well Charlie Strong would usually make us wait until week 2 or 3 before showing us he had a truly wretched team. Tom Herman did it in the first quarter of the first game. Progress!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Poor Texas.  When it rains, it pours.

CountDeMoney

This will probably wash Texas out of the top 25.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2017, 02:55:01 PM
This will probably wash Texas out of the top 25.

One would hope so, anyway.  They shouldn't have been in the top 25 to start with.  They were 5-7 last year, and while the expectation is certainly that they'll be better under Herman than under Strong, I think they should have had to actually show that improvement before being ranked.

CountDeMoney