News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Those Swine

Started by 11B4V, February 22, 2017, 12:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Our own President is enthusiastic about torturing people and killing the families of terrorists.  What am I to make of this?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on February 23, 2017, 05:57:02 PM
Our own President is enthusiastic about torturing people and killing the families of terrorists.  What am I to make of this?

I get an erection, but people may have other reactions.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

You are the only man in America to get an erection seeing Trump.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on February 23, 2017, 08:13:06 PM

U jelly
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on February 23, 2017, 04:13:41 PM
He's already stealing from Chretien's playbook - cutting the rate of future increases.  Chretien never made actual cuts in transfer payments.
There were massive cuts right after the '95 referendum, transfers went from 18billion$ to 14 billioN$ in one year, then to 12.5 the next.
https://www.fin.gc.ca/fedprov/his-eng.asp

But all they have to do is tax less and let the provinces foot the bill with their own taxes.  Problem solved.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on February 23, 2017, 05:26:09 PM
Gotta love baseline budgeting, where "cuts" can still be actual increases in spending.
sure, I agree it's misleading and the proper term would be "a decrease in the planned spending increase over the next decade".  But that's not as sexy as "cuts."

However, when you figure in that the feds tax more (they introduce the GST a few years before these first cuts, now, they are raising income & capital gains taxes, defunding the army, supposedly cancelling an airplane contract to save money [while we know it will cost more, again]) and transfer less the provinces, it is a problem. Than you figure that these transfers are money taxed from the provinces by the Federal government to finance services directly tied to the population wich increases year after year and a part of it goes to healthcare wich costs naturally increases due to an aging population, you have a recipe for disaster.  Combine this with a decrease in unemployment benefits while they at first increased the premiums we pay, it means the provinces had to face an increase in costs due to the Feds disengaging from their responsibility while letting us foot the bill for it.  In other words, it was, as it is now, simple thievery.

As I said, it would be  much simpler system if the provinces could perceive all of their taxes and the Feds would stop overtaxing us.  But I bet you the same people complaining Quebec receives too much money will be opposed to this solution until their last breath has been drawn.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on February 23, 2017, 05:57:02 PM
BB and I do not have a President.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on February 23, 2017, 08:13:06 PM
No, I think Milo has one too.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on February 23, 2017, 05:26:25 PM

You'd think guys with throat tattoos would be nicer than that :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

The guy must have balls.  At a fairly young age he decided that didn't want gainful employment for the rest of his life.  That's a pretty gutsy decision.