News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Those Swine

Started by 11B4V, February 22, 2017, 12:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Those feral hogs can get fucking humongous as well, right?

Wasn't there a show on one of the wildlife channels about some guy hunting one in Alabama or Mississippir or Georgia or some similar hellhole like that where it was like 600 pounds or something crazy?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

A&E had one with some lunatic Texas family.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 22, 2017, 11:31:09 AM
not just Valmy's nice neighborhood or whatever (these are the feral hogs, not javelinas). 

Fortunately my neighborhood is not suburban enough to experience the javelina menace. But they are pretty notorious.

I was not aware of the giant deer-eating hog menace. Seems serious.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on February 22, 2017, 01:53:52 PM
Fortunately my neighborhood is not suburban enough to experience the javelina menace. But they are pretty notorious.

I was not aware of the giant deer-eating hog menace. Seems serious.

You know the Arkansas mascot, the Razorback?  Pig sooey and all that stupid shit?  That's a feral hog.  They're all over the place.  E: The city here has to hire contractors to trap them in all the parks, so it isn't just limited to "country" type areas.

Javelinas are like little tard versions of those (apparently they aren't even pigs/hogs though) that mess up yards and stuff but don't ruin the whole ecosystem.

Valmy

QuoteYou know the Arkansas mascot, the Razorback?

They are big fat menaces to the proper functioning of the earth and society and are everywhere. The other is their mascot.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on February 22, 2017, 02:05:05 PM
QuoteYou know the Arkansas mascot, the Razorback?

They are big fat menaces to the proper functioning of the earth and society and are everywhere. The other is their mascot.

:D

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2017, 10:48:17 AM
The state of Texas should give free helicopter rides for people to hunt these things down the right way.
aren't there laws prohibiting these?  What happens to "heaven forbid we enforce laws" ? :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

What? Free helicopter rides?

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: viper37 on February 22, 2017, 02:23:11 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2017, 10:48:17 AM
The state of Texas should give free helicopter rides for people to hunt these things down the right way.
aren't there laws prohibiting these?  What happens to "heaven forbid we enforce laws" ? :)

You can zap feral hogs from the air with machine guns here if you are so inclined (and if you have a permit for the crazy gun you're using and are in a place where shooting at stuff from a helo won't get the police+every other agency or government organization to show up).  I don't think you can do that with any other animals though.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on February 22, 2017, 02:23:54 PM
What? Free helicopter rides?
Hunting from an helicopter.  Chasing after an animal with a engined vehicle.

Admiral Yi

Someone has seen Crocodile Dundee.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: viper37 on February 22, 2017, 05:25:39 PM
Hunting from an helicopter.  Chasing after an animal with a engined vehicle.

http://www.helibacon.com/texas-helicopter-hog-hunting/

$3,700.  Get some.

Tanks and artillery and fixed wing air strikes might not be allowed, but you can kill them pretty much however you like (with some location restrictions, obviously) outside of that.