And we're back!

Main Menu

Those Swine

Started by 11B4V, February 22, 2017, 12:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2017, 05:32:44 PM
Someone has seen Crocodile Dundee.
no, it's just that it's forbidden in Quebec to chase after a deer or moose with a truck or snowbile or ATV, I thought it was the same in Texas, but looking into it, it seems helicopter hunting is legal in some places here.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 22, 2017, 05:33:43 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 22, 2017, 05:25:39 PM
Hunting from an helicopter.  Chasing after an animal with a engined vehicle.

http://www.helibacon.com/texas-helicopter-hog-hunting/

$3,700.  Get some.

Tanks and artillery and fixed wing air strikes might not be allowed, but you can kill them pretty much however you like (with some location restrictions, obviously) outside of that.

it's Texas, I should have expected this :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: viper37 on February 22, 2017, 05:36:44 PM

:)  Hunting isn't really my thing, but if that wasn't so pricey I'd probably have to go check it out once.  At that point is it really even hunting anymore anyway?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 22, 2017, 05:44:03 PM
:)  Hunting isn't really my thing, but if that wasn't so pricey I'd probably have to go check it out once.  At that point is it really even hunting anymore anyway?

It's probably closer to hunting than those safari parks where you blow away gazelles that are just standing there.

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on February 22, 2017, 05:36:02 PM
no, it's just that it's forbidden in Quebec to chase after a deer or moose with a truck or snowbile or ATV, I thought it was the same in Texas, but looking into it, it seems helicopter hunting is legal in some places here.

Quebec doesn't have a huge wild pig problem like Texas has.  I doubt you can hunt deer from a helicopter in Texas.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 22, 2017, 05:44:03 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 22, 2017, 05:36:44 PM

It's not really hunting-- it's eradication.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Alberta has a wild boar problem.  Fuckers snuck in from Saskatchewan. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2017, 05:49:04 PM

Meh, I'd call the aerial hunting stuff a novelty more than anything.  It's not even close to what random dudes with rifles walking around in the woods or wherever do to the hog numbers. 

E:  Not that anyone will be complaining about the ~30,000 fewer hogs breeding due to that, of course.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2017, 05:48:13 PM
Quebec doesn't have a huge wild pig problem like Texas has.  I doubt you can hunt deer from a helicopter in Texas.

I don't think you can.  I've never heard of it at least.

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 22, 2017, 05:53:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2017, 05:49:04 PM

Meh, I'd call the aerial hunting stuff a novelty more than anything.  It's not even close to what random dudes with rifles walking around in the woods or wherever do to the hog numbers. 

E:  Not that anyone will be complaining about the ~30,000 fewer hogs breeding due to that, of course.

You're probably right, but you can apparently take down a huge number of pigs on one helicopter trip if you hit the right spot. 

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2017, 06:03:57 PM
You're probably right, but you can apparently take down a huge number of pigs on one helicopter trip if you hit the right spot.

Yeah one of those places was talking about averaging 15-20 of them per flight.  That's a lot of future bacon running around.   Gotta pony up for the full auto to take advantage.

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2017, 05:48:13 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 22, 2017, 05:36:02 PM

actually, we do, in certain areas.  And helicopter hunting is now allowed for wild boars and for moose on some park too, but I haven't looked at the specifics, so I don't know much.  And I don't hunt myself, so I'm not that interested in the subject.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on February 22, 2017, 01:32:29 PM
Those feral hogs can get fucking humongous as well, right?

Wasn't there a show on one of the wildlife channels about some guy hunting one in Alabama or Mississippir or Georgia or some similar hellhole like that where it was like 600 pounds or something crazy?

790 Pounds

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-men-capture-800-lb-boarzilla-article-1.2097776
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 22, 2017, 05:33:43 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 22, 2017, 05:25:39 PM
Hunting from an helicopter.  Chasing after an animal with a engined vehicle.

http://www.helibacon.com/texas-helicopter-hog-hunting/

$3,700.  Get some.

Tanks and artillery and fixed wing air strikes might not be allowed, but you can kill them pretty much however you like (with some location restrictions, obviously) outside of that.

That includes speakers, right?  Gotta scare the hell out of Bacey.

*That's Bacey's point, Sir!*

*Bacey don't surf!!!111*
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on February 22, 2017, 02:23:54 PM
What? Free helicopter rides?

I think that's a term now used in right-wing circles for the murder of undesirables, inspired by events in South America.  I'm sure Derspeiss can tell you more.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017