Tomato flavor is broken. Can it be fixed?

Started by jimmy olsen, February 21, 2017, 02:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Yeah, store bought tomatoes can be nasty but some are better, like some that come with the vines attached. But they still must have been picked early and treated with something else I think they'd spoil too quickly. When I grew tomatoes in my garden they were excellent, including the cherry tomatoes. Usually it's a good idea to let them sit for a day or two to ripen up.

I used to grow corn and would pick an ear or two of it for lunch or dinner. Fresh from the garden was just awesome. So good that putting any butter or salt on it seemed to detract from the taste. Corn in the stores can be good or not so good, depending for one thing on how long it was since it was picked. It loses its sugar content and thus flavor the longer it's off the vine. Different varieties of corn also have differing taste and sweetness. That's why I liked growing it  - I could pick the type I wanted to grow and it was so much fun to have a small corn field in the back yard garden. I stopped growing it since once the squirrels discovered it, as it became too much a hassle to trap and get rid of them.

dps

Quote from: katmai on February 22, 2017, 06:42:08 PM
Quote from: dps on February 22, 2017, 05:07:35 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 22, 2017, 11:26:58 AM
Who knows? I've always consumed more liquids than the rest of my family.

Have you been checked for diabetes?
:unsure:

Being thirsty a lot is one of the symptoms of diabetes.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?