Tomato flavor is broken. Can it be fixed?

Started by jimmy olsen, February 21, 2017, 02:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on February 22, 2017, 10:52:45 AM
cheapest is buying costco/sam's club ground beef in bulk. true foodies look down on non-grass fed beef. if you don't buy your meat at the butcher, you're not being a true foodie

I'm too cheap for any of that. I get far more satisfaction out of spending less than $200/month household on groceries

Where did this 'foodie' stuff come from?

Anyway I am pretty cheap as well. Fast food is really expensive now for some reason. But that could be because I have kids and stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 22, 2017, 10:56:51 AM
But the cleaning lady got to it before I could.  DAMN YOU CONSUELA

:o

Well that is an OUTRAGE.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 22, 2017, 10:58:07 AM

I wouldn't take the juiciest steak and stick it between two pieces of bread without wanting a drink after each bite.

Why?

Is it a health condition?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Who knows? I've always consumed more liquids than the rest of my family.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I dunk my well done burger into the giant pool of ketchup next to my fries.

And there are pickles only on the burger. And no weird buns, you fucking pretzel bun fags.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 22, 2017, 12:56:08 PM
I dunk my well done burger into the giant pool of ketchup next to my fries.

And there are pickles only on the burger. And no weird buns, you fucking pretzel bun fags.

OMG DONT DROWN UR FOOD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfEG15CLTqo

I always hated that bastard preaching to me during my Saturday morning cartoons.  I'll over-apply condiments if I damned well please.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Salad fags also annoy me.  I DONT LIKE SALAD

Habbaku

Quote from: LaCroix on February 22, 2017, 10:37:40 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on February 22, 2017, 10:35:09 AM
Wanting a good burger doesn't make one a foodie.  :huh:

no but

buying a calf and raising it yourself on organic grass before you butcher it on your son's thirteenth birthday to make hamburgers for the whole family

does

Do you have to work at it to get this retarded? 
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

LaCroix

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 22, 2017, 11:26:58 AM
Who knows? I've always consumed more liquids than the rest of my family.

Have you been checked for diabetes? 

saskganesh

It's like wine. Pay attention to seed/cultivar selection and soil quality. Maybe do some breeding. You'll then have flavour. You don't need molecular science, just simple applied biology.

And if you want cheaper beef, buy from the farm, not the supermarket. Make a farmer friend. Which is probably easier to do in a farm state/province, admittedly.
humans were created in their own image

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on February 22, 2017, 01:56:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 22, 2017, 01:32:03 PM
I would name it "Katmai"
:huh:

The steer I am going to buy to make well done steaks from. It will have fabulous marbling.