Would you give up a second Obama term to avoid a Trump presidency?

Started by derspiess, January 11, 2017, 12:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which scenario is less bad?

Romney defeats Obama in 2012 & is re-elected in 2016; no Trump candidacy
31 (67.4%)
Obama defeats Romney in 2012 & Trump defeats Hillary in 2016
5 (10.9%)
Jaron defeats Jaron in 2012, but then Jaron comes back to beat Jaron in 2016
10 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 09:36:51 AM
don't worry, derspiess, I hold obama in very high regard :)

Really?

Huh. Well he does give a good speech and damn can he run for President. If the skills that help one run for President matched up with the ones that help one be a good President he might have really been the second coming of his hero Abe.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

LaCroix

yes, really. despite the old bureaucrats criticizing his slowness, I think he's been mostly fine in foreign affairs. then there's national healthcare, which was a huge undertaking, etc.

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 09:36:02 AM
no, but it's a fact that hillary would have been much harsher on russia than trump. trump really hasn't ever said anything about russia, because he (edit - probably) likes russia.

What planet do you live on that has ignored all that Trump has said favorably about Russia and Putin?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

LaCroix

frunk

Quote from: LaCroix on January 18, 2017, 09:17:43 AM
you can have all your points and leave it at "trump really likes russia, and that's horrifying." some are going to these extremes of calling him an agent, and that's where it gets a bit silly given the insufficient evidence

I've never been serious about Trump being an agent, I don't think there's any percentage in such an arrangement for either party.  Putin disliked Clinton and liked Trump.  Trump hated Obama and anything he did, plus he likes authoritarianism and people with bad taste.  Putin did what he thought he could get away with to give Trump an edge but didn't explicitly conspire with Trump.  If they were actually working together Trump would of been much smarter about handling the whole email hack.

What I find most disturbing is Trump's own penchant for conspiracy theories.  That is so easy to manipulate.