News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Cel, after yet another turn of screwing me for no particular reason, I think the least you could do is let me play Afghan Handicrafts into Kabul without extracting payment...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on March 16, 2017, 05:11:01 AM
The British do what they do best: engage in commerce, bribe local rulers, and prepare for arms race.

1. Play Anarkali Bazaar. Gain spy on card. Place British road Punjab-Kabul.
2. (free from Bolan Pass) Commerce to grab 2 rupees from the market.
3. (free from Anarkali Bazaar) Gifts to purchase one gift cube for 2 rupees.
4. (free from Farah Road) Commerce to take those 2 rupees back.
5. Purchase Cannon for 1 rupee.

Over to Cel.

You're over your support limit.  What card are you purging from your tableau at the end of your turn?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I don't pretend to understand why Cel is continuing to smash those that are preventing a British win while, from my perspective, I see no realistic way for him to win as a Brit.  He has 2 influence to Solmyr's 4 and Sol has plenty of money and more military stars...I would think that using Travel actions to get his spies on to Sol's British influence cards would have been better than whacking Afghan tribes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Obviously I won't divulge my plans to Russians and savages.

celedhring

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2017, 01:34:36 PM
Cel, after yet another turn of screwing me for no particular reason, I think the least you could do is let me play Afghan Handicrafts into Kabul without extracting payment...

Go ahead, you managed to make feel bad, and it's a harmless card.

Berkut

1. Play Afghan Handicrafts, place Afghan route on Transcapian-Kabul Road
(Free) Commerce to take rupee from Money Lenders

Hey Tamas, if I drop Jan Prosper on the Cel side of my tableua, so the spies are nice and far away from you, can I put it into Trans without the need to pay you?

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2017, 01:44:14 PM
You're over your support limit.  What card are you purging from your tableau at the end of your turn?

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'll toss Anarkali Bazaar and get the cube on it back into my pool. Someone can do it on their turn.

Solmyr

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2017, 03:43:30 PM
(Free) Commerce to take rupee from Money Lenders

Regime is military struggle, so this isn't free?

Berkut

The current file shows Economic Boom....

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Cel changed it on his turn via Charles Stoddart. Guess he didn't flip the card?

celedhring

Berkut

Uggh, it was never updated. OK, that changes my play....

Tamas, I would like to play Jan Propser in Transcaspian. I assume that you would not demand me pay for that as long as I am putting the card and spies at the cel end of my Tableau, and hence far away from you?

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2017, 03:43:30 PM

Hey Tamas, if I drop Jan Prosper on the Cel side of my tableua, so the spies are nice and far away from you, can I put it into Trans without the need to pay you?

No, I need the money.

Berkut

OK, I will pay the money and send the spies your way instead.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2017, 05:10:06 PM
OK, I will pay the money and send the spies your way instead.

Yeah I am sure that was not your original plan.