News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I only do 1 freebie per player. You would have to cough up a rupee, because you have plenty of cash anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Still need an answer from Tamas before I make my call...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Habbaku

Action 1: Buy Count Ivan Simonitch for 0.
Action 2: Play Count Ivan, paying Berkut 1.  2 spies to the card.

Over to Sol.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

The British establish regular garrisons along the Farah Road, extending their power projection from Punjab and Kandahar into the heart of Afghanistan and towards Persia. With the redcoats poised to strike from India at any time, the Emir decides to submit to the Raj continue the futile resistance.

1. Play Farah road in Herat, pay 1 rupee to Habbaku. Roads to Kandahar and Persia (take cylinders from current double British roads). Gain 1 army cylinder in Herat, use the old Herat-Kandahar road cylinder.
2. Purchase Topple for 3. The British have 3 armies to Afghan 2 (and no Russian ones), and at least one each of other cube/cylinder types. I have 3 influence with the British, so I win?
2. Commerce with Farah Road to take 2 rupees from market.
3. (free from Army of the Indus) Campaign in Herat, killing Habbaku's white tribe. This triggers Overthrow and Ishaqzai Chiefs is discarded.

Discard Bank from my Tableau afterwards. I have the British favor, so I only lose 1 rupee from discarding it and keep the other one.

Solmyr

Doh, of course I missed that market cards cost double. One rupee short, so close! Updated my post above and uploaded a corrected log.

Over to Cel. I suggest you keep an eye on the armies of Afghan savages, as they may steal a military win while we aren't looking.

celedhring

Things I hate: doing my turn and then realizing it's a logfile and I hadn't moved it to the end.

celedhring

British and Afghan troops clash in Punjab, while the British Raj garrisons the Ghazni Citadel to protect the city of Kabul

1) Purchase Ghazni Citadel for 0
2) Play Ghazni Citadel and one British Army on Khabul, taken from one of the roads.
Free) Use the two Campaign actions on my Tableau to use the two red cylinders in Khabul to take out the 2 green ones. The british are also eliminated.

Brits again enjoy military supremacy. Here I am, doing Solmyr's dirty work, but Berkut could have levelled Kabul the next turn, and I don't doubt he would have.

The savages and the Russian bear might want to change regime to Political Fragmentation if they want to avoid Solmyr's victory when he comes up next.

Solmyr

Berkut

The regime needs to be changed, and the cards that would allow it to be changed back to something the Brits are winning need to be removed as well. Doesn't do much good if they just switch it to Economy, they still win.

Or we drive the Topple off the market before it gets to him.

1. Buy Jan for zero. That will make the political struggle cheaper for the next player, and push the topple down, and make Orchards cheaper.
2. Buy Nomadic Warlords for 4.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Tamas

NEVER MIND I realised I was wrong reagarding military supremacy. Any idea what should I do to prevent a British victory?

Tamas

Alright, by buying and playing Pomegranate Orchards I have switched the regime to Political Fragmentation.

As I see the Brits have no Supremacy in Tribes.

But as Afghans do. So now all Habbaku has to do is remove two of Berkut's tribes and get rid of the Topple :P

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2017, 09:17:38 AM
1. Buy Jan for zero. That will make the political struggle cheaper for the next player, and push the topple down, and make Orchards cheaper.
2. Buy Nomadic Warlords for 4.

Apologies for the delay, folks--have been busy.

This isn't legal, Berkut.  The regime is currently Military Struggle--market costs are doubled.  Nomadic Warlords, then, would cost you 8 rupees, and I doubt you want to pay that much...

We need a corrected move from Berkut, then Tamas will have to do his turn differently, most likely.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned