News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

OK, I reloaded file 35, and am going to redo file 36 and delete the old 36 and 37.

1. Buy Jan for zero. That will make the political struggle cheaper for the next player, and push the topple down, and make Orchards cheaper.
2. Buy Afghan Handicrafts for 2. Rupees on Jews and Cossacks.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

No rupees should go on the Cossacks--both rupees go on the Jews instead.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on March 15, 2017, 11:11:30 AM
No rupees should go on the Cossacks--both rupees go on the Jews instead.

I'll correct things according to Habbaku's anti-semite comment when I do my turn.

Habbaku

It's just how they are, you know?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

So, Habs, I think I'll just let the Topple move to the leftmost position for you to let it fall off without an effect. Any objections?

Habbaku

Nope, I figured that was the plan.  Certainly easier than trying to maneuver the Regime and such into a spot that Sol can't win on.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

1. Buy Pomegranta Orchards, get 1 rupee from it
2. Play Lapis Lazuli Mine, pay Orange 2 rupees, put Afghan roads to Kabul-Kandahar and Kabul-Herat

Habbaku

Action 1: Buy Mysorean Rockets from market for 4.
Action 2: Play Mysorean Rockets from hand.  Regime shifts to Economic Boom.  2 Russian armies to Punjab.
Free Action (Wheat Fields): Commerce.  Take 2 rupees from Bukharan Jews.
Free Action (Russo-Persian Trade): Commerce.  Take 1 rupee from Topple, 1 rupee from Charles Stoddart.

During cleanup phase, I'll lose Wheat Fields from my tableau.

Over to Solmyr.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

The British do what they do best: engage in commerce, bribe local rulers, and prepare for arms race.

1. Play Anarkali Bazaar. Gain spy on card. Place British road Punjab-Kabul.
2. (free from Bolan Pass) Commerce to grab 2 rupees from the market.
3. (free from Anarkali Bazaar) Gifts to purchase one gift cube for 2 rupees.
4. (free from Farah Road) Commerce to take those 2 rupees back.
5. Purchase Cannon for 1 rupee.

Over to Cel.

celedhring

Can I execute two sets of free actions if I switch the regime in the middle of my turn?

Berkut

0 rows returned

celedhring

The Orange Coconut tribe tries to improve its standing on the eyes of the British Raj, conducting a series of briberies and army deployments against the Afghan rebels, hoping that these actions will reach the ears of Lord Auckland. On that regard, Charles Stoddart is recruited as advisor.

Free) GIFT action (Nuristani Terrace Farms) paying 2 to the market.
1) Acquire Charles Stoddart for free from the bank, grabbing the 1 rupee on it
2) Play Charles Stoddart. Regime changes to Military Struggle
Free) Move the army in Herat to Persia, and remove 1 purple cube (Citadel of Ghazni)
Free) remove the second purple cube (William Hay MacNaghten). Abbas Mirza is discarded. Black now has the Afghan favor.

Is that correct? If I'm understanding correctly I can use a single red cylinder to attack twice the same location, triggering two cards with the campaign action.

Berkut

I think it looks correct, but I think you are forgetting that there are other players in the game than just purple.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't make it a good move.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2017, 10:22:37 AM
I think it looks correct, but I think you are forgetting that there are other players in the game than just purple.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't make it a good move.

Seems like a perfectly valid move to give prominence to the true patriot, over the false one.

celedhring