News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Obamacare?

Started by Jacob, January 05, 2017, 01:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the GOP do to Obamacare?

There will be much sturm und drang, but ultimately no concrete action will be taken. It'll still be Obamacare.
5 (13.2%)
They'll attempt to rebrand it and own it, changing a few details, but otherwise leaving it in place.
6 (15.8%)
They'll replace it with something terrific that provides better coverage and cheaper too for the populace.
2 (5.3%)
They'll repeal it without a replacement, leaving large number of Americans without coverage for a significant period of time, perhaps forever.
17 (44.7%)
They'll repeal it with a replacement that screws over some people, but still covers some people significantly and call that an improvement.
7 (18.4%)
Some other outcome.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: celedhring on July 28, 2017, 06:00:54 AM
Hasn't McCain's presence ultimately been irrelevant for the outcome of this?

Technically yes.  But optically there's a difference between the bill failing because he stayed in a hospital bed, and failing because Johnny Hero emptied the cannon of his Skyhawk into the bill.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

I really liked how he went up there with the open hand and gave an old fashioned Roman Colosseum thumbs down.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

That's how he did all the HC related bill this session.

He doesn't even name himself, just stands there & when the clerk looks at him cast a vote.

Pretty awesome, I say.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

What is likely to happen next?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 28, 2017, 09:36:45 AM
That's how he did all the HC related bill this session.

He doesn't even name himself, just stands there & when the clerk looks at him cast a vote.

Pretty awesome, I say.

He probably has less than a year left. Can't fault him for wanting to leave in style I guess.

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on July 28, 2017, 09:38:50 AM
What is likely to happen next?

No idea. I would appreciate if they try to address some of the problems in Obamacare to reform it a bit. They could probably get some Democrats on board. But that is just crazy talk on my part.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

:lol:  McCain daring Mitch to say something was pretty stylish too. Whattttt
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 28, 2017, 09:05:21 AM
Quote from: celedhring on July 28, 2017, 06:00:54 AM
Hasn't McCain's presence ultimately been irrelevant for the outcome of this?

Technically yes.  But optically there's a difference between the bill failing because he stayed in a hospital bed, and failing because Johnny Hero emptied the cannon of his Skyhawk into the bill.

Yup.

These might be cynical times but it is moving to see an elderly war hero who has developed brain cancer, with probably only months left to live, and who was Ted Kennedy's best friend in the Senate, make the deciding vote to save the ACA in dramatic fashion.

Jesus, years from now Hollywood is gonna make a movie about it  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 28, 2017, 02:47:40 PM
Yup.

These might be cynical times but it is moving to see an elderly war hero who has developed brain cancer, with probably only months left to live, and who was Ted Kennedy's best friend in the Senate, make the deciding vote to save the ACA in dramatic fashion.

Jesus, years from now Hollywood is gonna make a movie about it  :lol:

Mr Trump goes to Washington
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

celedhring

I'm counting 13 tweets in the last 24 hours :lmfao:

Zanza

Does he actually believe posting angry tweets has any impact?