News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Obamacare?

Started by Jacob, January 05, 2017, 01:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the GOP do to Obamacare?

There will be much sturm und drang, but ultimately no concrete action will be taken. It'll still be Obamacare.
5 (13.2%)
They'll attempt to rebrand it and own it, changing a few details, but otherwise leaving it in place.
6 (15.8%)
They'll replace it with something terrific that provides better coverage and cheaper too for the populace.
2 (5.3%)
They'll repeal it without a replacement, leaving large number of Americans without coverage for a significant period of time, perhaps forever.
17 (44.7%)
They'll repeal it with a replacement that screws over some people, but still covers some people significantly and call that an improvement.
7 (18.4%)
Some other outcome.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Jacob on March 24, 2017, 03:49:59 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2017, 03:48:21 PM
That's just retarded, sir.

I don't think retardation is covered under the ACA. Better hope someone fixes that.
Pre-existing condition?  At least for some people.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2017, 03:48:21 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 24, 2017, 03:45:04 PM
Quote from: Senator Bob Menendez‏ @SenatorMenendez
Hey Republicans, don't worry, that burn is covered under the Affordable Care Act

That's just retarded, sir.
It's tempting fate as well.  Trump has been a karma Houdini for a long time, pulling out victories just when it seems like his actions have finally caught up with him.  No reason to think that his deal with the devil is about to expire now.

CountDeMoney

Trump doesn't pull out victories, he simply declares them.  Because he's President, and you're not.

Monoriu

I don't understand.  What exactly were they planning to vote on anyway?  What's that new plan about?

Zanza

Quote from: Monoriu on March 24, 2017, 04:29:45 PM
I don't understand.  What exactly were they planning to vote on anyway?  What's that new plan about?
Remove health insurance for one in twelve Americans. Tax break for millionaires. Great plan. Tremendous.

Phillip V

So did the 3 people who voted poll option #1 win this round?

Josquius

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 24, 2017, 03:24:46 PM
This Republican party is utterly incapable of governing, Jesus Christ  :lol:

2 months in and they have precious little to show for it.

So far so good.
Get through to the elections in 2 years in this way and America is nearly home clear.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Phillip V on March 24, 2017, 04:52:16 PM
So did the 3 people who voted poll option #1 win this round?

We did, we fucking did.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2017, 03:58:38 PM
Trump doesn't pull out victories, he simply declares them.  Because he's President, and you're not.
The stuff he pulled out on November 8 seemed pretty convincing to me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on March 24, 2017, 05:13:26 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2017, 03:58:38 PM
The stuff he pulled out on November 8 seemed pretty convincing to me.

Don't worry, Manafort's going to roll on you soon enough, Ivan.

DGuller

You think he'll live long enough?  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 24, 2017, 03:02:33 PM
He's finished.  Administration will implode momentarily.

Your party can't do shit. But sure blame Trump.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2017, 06:52:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 24, 2017, 03:02:33 PM
He's finished.  Administration will implode momentarily.

Your party can't do shit. But sure blame Trump.

They've been on the obstructionist track so long they've forgotten how to do anything else.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

If the Republicans wanted they could just laugh at Trump and pass whatever the hell they wanted. What? No fucking LOLZ about that Spicey?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."