News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Whither Obamacare?

Started by Jacob, January 05, 2017, 01:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the GOP do to Obamacare?

There will be much sturm und drang, but ultimately no concrete action will be taken. It'll still be Obamacare.
5 (13.2%)
They'll attempt to rebrand it and own it, changing a few details, but otherwise leaving it in place.
6 (15.8%)
They'll replace it with something terrific that provides better coverage and cheaper too for the populace.
2 (5.3%)
They'll repeal it without a replacement, leaving large number of Americans without coverage for a significant period of time, perhaps forever.
17 (44.7%)
They'll repeal it with a replacement that screws over some people, but still covers some people significantly and call that an improvement.
7 (18.4%)
Some other outcome.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

garbon

Quote from: HVC on March 24, 2017, 07:09:04 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2017, 07:07:42 PM
I could think of lots of ways this might be more fun. Like if the Republicans were not completely useless fucks. These guys make the 1990s Republicans look like the Founding Fathers.

You guys survived bad politicians before, you'll be fine. Lay back and think of England for a few years.

I get it but...it ain't exactly a party here, mate. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Wrong thread. Quick Google shows that is fake news...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I would love to see Donald try to spin this as Ryan's Failure, and Ryan step up and assfuck him with some hardball politics.

garbon

Has Ryan reached the breaking point yet? Until now, he's being a Rubio around Trump - mouths off and then eventually kisses the ring.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2017, 03:23:36 AM
I would love to see Donald try to spin this as Ryan's Failure, and Ryan step up and assfuck him with some hardball politics.

From what I've read Ryan refused to hold the vote and let Turmp claim he was the one to pull the bill to save face. He and the GOP leadership refused to go through a losing vote just so Trump could write up a Nixonesque enemies list. So the House GOP is already calling Trump's bluff and not letting itself be pushed around by him.

Too bad about that Papa Roach story, given his taste in music it sounded plausible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 25, 2017, 03:44:26 AM
Too bad about that Papa Roach story, given his taste in music it sounded plausible.

No idea what you mean.

He may have listened to Weird Al's Angry White Boy Polka, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY-oili63QQ
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 25, 2017, 03:09:57 AM
:lol:

Isn't he the one who loves System of a Down?

So...believable
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 24, 2017, 07:09:50 PM
The Trump Administration is likely going to have to administer Obamacare for the rest of its tenure :lol:

Congressional Republicans voted multiple times to repeal Obamacare under President Obama and have voted 0 times under Trump and they've already given up  :lol: :lol:

Who wrote this script?? Give him all the money, Hollywood.

:lol: :thumbsup:

It was probably an added bonus for the God-Emperor to see this blow up in Ryan's face.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Poor Trump. The first thing he did was call up Costa at the Post to explain his failure away and they stick in the dagger.  :lol:

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on March 25, 2017, 05:02:12 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 25, 2017, 03:09:57 AM
:lol:

So...believable

Rage Against The Machine, IIRC.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on March 25, 2017, 08:00:54 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 25, 2017, 05:02:12 AM

So...believable

Rage Against The Machine, IIRC.

And they told him to stop it.  Something along the lines of "you are the Machine, asshole."

celedhring

Doesn't Ryan listen to the lyrics?  :huh: Or is he one of those that only cares for cool guitar riffs?

PDH

Americans don't do lyrics.  The Reaganites thought Born in the USA was patriotic.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM