Detroit Lions
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: January 09, 2017, 05:41:06 AM

LaCroix

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

And now, Goodell has to hand a Trophy to Tom Brady.

So great.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Yearbook was best commercial.  Humpty Dumpty #2.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2017, 10:49:50 PM
Yearbook was best commercial.  Humpty Dumpty #2.

Biggest props of the night are to the CRTC (Canada's equivalent to the FCC), for mandating that if you watched an American channel for the Superbowl you could see American ads.  First time in recorded history that a regulatory agency did something that was 100% pro-consumer, with no possible gain to the industry.

Personally I liked the John Malkovich ad as the best commercial.  Yearbook was fun, Humpty Dumpty not so much.

As for the game itself... :ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

What was the (Trump) bad hair commercial selling?

Admiral Yi

And what was wrong with Humpty Dumpty?  :huh:

LaCroix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1QthkJVqDI

maher's endorsement of the falcons:

"I don't give a shit about atlanta, but the falcons are playing a team where the owner, the coach, and the star quarterback all love and support donald trump. so I'd really like for them to lose by a score of a million fucking thousand to none"

:lol: trumped again

Valmy

Man that was amazing. Somehow I knew Brady would never be punked and man you cannot go to sleep on that guy. His weird mental pathology to need to win is just amazing. I just wish I could catch whatever he has. He is the greatest. I loved every second of it and man the NFL is going to be just a little less compelling when he finally hangs it up. When he turns 56 or whenever that crazy fucker does it, they will probably need to drag him off the field in a straight jacket.

There was that point with just under 4 minutes to go with the ball on the 20 where the Falcons just had to run the ball into the line three times, burn some clock, and kick it and the game was pretty much won. But somehow I knew they wouldn't do it. They just looked beaten. They looked tired. How can a team with four titles want it more than a team with none? Again the weird and bizarre pathology of Tom Brady and the Pats.

I am not sure what else to say. I am just fucking glad I am not a Falcons fan because I would not wish that on my worst enemy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on February 05, 2017, 10:59:48 PM
As for the game itself... :ultra:

The only overtime game in Super Bowl history. The greatest comeback in Super Bowl history. Yeah...sucks :unsure:

What the fuck did you want?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DGuller

I'm pretty convinced by this point that reality is a video game, and Trump is save-scumming big time.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2017, 11:43:16 PM

I wanted to see them crushed.  To see them driven before the mighty Falcons.  To hear the lamentation of Giselle Bundschen.

No it's true - after it appeared the game might be boring, it turned out to be very much different.  But I still wanted Brady/Belicheck to be humiliated instead. :blush:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2017, 11:41:19 PM
How can a team with four titles want it more than a team with none? Again the weird and bizarre pathology of Tom Brady and the Pats.

That's why the New England Patriots are the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons are not.  Teams with winning cultures--those that have learned how to win and win consistently in all varieties of situations--will more often than not edge out teams like Atlanta, who still need to learn how.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on February 06, 2017, 12:21:19 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2017, 11:43:16 PM

I wanted to see them crushed.  To see them driven before the mighty Falcons.  To hear the lamentation of Giselle Bundschen.

No it's true - after it appeared the game might be boring, it turned out to be very much different.  But I still wanted Brady/Belicheck to be humiliated instead. :blush:

Oh Belicheck will be humiliated...once he loses Brady.

Well maybe not humiliated. Just 9-7.