The Non-Denominational Holiday Season Megathread

Started by Ed Anger, December 16, 2016, 07:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2016, 09:02:35 PM
Sounds like somebody didn't get the Guns of Navarone Action Playset for Christmas, either.

I did.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Love Christmas. Good people, Good food, Good times. :)

My girl got me a great new coat lined with goose feathers and a racoon fur fringed hood.

I got her a gold bracelet.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 20, 2016, 09:22:58 PM
Love Christmas. Good people, Good food, Good times. :)

My girl got me a great new coat lined with goose feathers and a racoon fur fringed hood.

I got her a gold bracelet.

Hick

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 20, 2016, 09:22:58 PM

Good score, Huggy Bear.

Tonitrus

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

I went to Timmy's Christmas concert tonight for his school.  It's funny how his school deals with it - apparently it's just fine to call it a Christmas concert.  You can make all the Santa references you want - but you can't mention Jesus, or any carol that makes any religious reference.

It's funny because it's not as if it isn't a multicultural school - lots of Chinese and Indian kids.  Also funny because the concert itself was held at a Pentacostal church - but again you can't mention Jesus. (and it was a surprisingly nice Church - nicer than the one we go to :jealous:)

All in all... it was rough.  We took the younger boys, who were pretty well behaved all things considered, but got pretty bored and restless after an hour.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.