The Non-Denominational Holiday Season Megathread

Started by Ed Anger, December 16, 2016, 07:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2016, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2016, 01:19:39 PM
... and of course, shortly after Christmas it's Chinese new year which is pretty much the same schtick - hang up a few decorations, get together with family, eat a lot, give the kids red envelopes. It's pretty nice if you enjoy your family.

Just like our new year...except the red envelopes.

That, and it lasts a week give or take.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

The sphero BB-8 toy is neat, but rather pointless. It keeps the kids occupied at least.

Pro: shiny object
Movement distracts kids.

Cons: 150 bucks, unless you get a deal on it like I did.
BB-8 is fucking lame.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

It's not as fun as it was as a kid, but it still means a good meal.  Plus plenty of football on the tube.

And this year I actually get Christmas Eve off from work as well as Christmas Day.  So, more opportunity to watch football, and more time to enjoy some wine.

Ed Anger

Yay! Kids are on break. However, 2 of them picked up some sort of cold on the last day in school, so everybody is gonna be sick now! Yay!

Also, somebody sent me a Hickory Farms gift box. Yay! Full of sodium!  :glare:

BAH HUMBUG

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 20, 2016, 08:10:07 PM
Also, somebody sent me a Hickory Farms gift box. Yay! Full of sodium!  :glare:

Those Swiss Colony beef logs and cheese wheels make me feel like an artisan European farmer type, living the simple life in the bucolic countryside, minding my dairy cows and turning in Jews.

11B4V

Denominational or non-denominational it nothing more than a commercially hyped bore.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on December 20, 2016, 08:52:55 PM
Denominational or non-denominational it nothing more than a commercially hyped bore.

It is whatever you make of it really. Intrinsically it means absolutely nothing at all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Jesus loves you

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on December 20, 2016, 08:54:15 PM

It is whatever you make of it really. Intrinsically it means absolutely nothing at all.

Naw it's lost drowned in capitalism and the fast buck. Yes to the second sentence.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 20, 2016, 08:56:12 PM

Jesus loves you

Ill take warmth that a long dead guy, from a mother who was hiding an affair, is a pigment of so much of "those" peoples mental distress.

CountDeMoney

Sounds like somebody didn't get the Guns of Navarone Action Playset for Christmas, either.