Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Just won my game against sbr, on end of game vp tally

sbr

Yep good game Tamas.  I was fighting uphill from the T1AR2 coup in France and every time I thought I might do something productive you stymied me perfectly.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

IIRC sbr fortified Italy very much, but then put a single point on France. Seemed like a gamble worth having.

Berkut

I sqqeaked out a Turn 10 win against solmyr.

Going into the turn I think we were straight up tied, but I had Asia and Europe, along with Central America and Africa as toss ups, and he controlled South America. He headlined Red Scare/Purge, which was bad, but I had some decent events so I didn't think I would need to do a lot of ops plays.

I played CIA early to get a look at his cards, and saw he had Asia and Africa scoring.

He grabbed domination with South African Unrest, but I had Colonial Rear Guards so I was able to get it back to even.

Solmyr dropped two points back into Africa to get back to domination, but I knew we were down to three rounds, and two of those were scoring. So I played Star Wars to take Bear Trap out of discard and play it, which would force him to discard next round, and give me three  rounds of play while he was forced to just play the last two scores, one of which would be a bunch of VPs for me, and the other a push at best, then I should have a comfortable lead going into final with Asia and Europe and Central America.

Solmyr resigned, and I slide into the next round on a prayer. A really, really good game, thanks!

0 rows returned

bogh

The game between the baron and me is in the final stages and it is pretty tense. I've got a commanding board position, dominating or outright controlling several regions (Europe being the only place that leans US), but have a point deficit of 8, making a Wargames win a very distinct possibility. Barring that, the late game bias favouring the US should start tipping the board position back.

sbr

Update on the bogh/baron game?

Any idea what a potential 3-way tie breaker would look like?  Not that I am doubting Baron's ability to win, just curious.

Berkut

Ive been scratching my head on that, to be honest. I've considered every permutation, but nothing is coming to mind. It is a "perfect" three way tie, if bogh wins.

Go baron!

0 rows returned

bogh

I've just played my last card, baron has one play left in turn 10. He is up 12 points as the us, but it's going to be pretty tight I think...

mkiefte

Quote from: Berkut on January 02, 2017, 11:49:01 PM
Ive been scratching my head on that, to be honest. I've considered every permutation, but nothing is coming to mind. It is a "perfect" three way tie, if bogh wins.

Make them do tie-breaking games.  Make each of them replay the other two.

Used to run chess tournaments -- happened all the time.  We would give them time limits though.
"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."

Berkut

I am ok with that, but you know what they are going to do...they will all go 1-1 against each other again.

0 rows returned

bogh

Drakken

Quote from: Berkut on January 03, 2017, 09:28:10 AM
I am ok with that, but you know what they are going to do...they will all go 1-1 against each other again.

One game only, sudden death, 7-days time limit.

Berkut

OK, so here is the deal.

sbr, bogh, and Tamas will each play another game against each other. The three of them are playing for two spots.

If you win two games, you are in.
If you go 1-1, then each 1-1 player will be ranked against other 1-1 players, with tie breaks going to:
1. Players who win (in any way) earliest in the game
2. US players

Goal is to wrap this up in 1 week.

Advancing players will retain their W-L record from the first round going into round 2 - these games only count to decide which 2 players will advance.

I will give 24 hours for discussion if needed. Thoughts?

0 rows returned