News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

1st Annual Languish Twilight Struggle Tournament

Started by Berkut, November 21, 2016, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Sbr set me up for a nice easy chain reaction with the Che event. Only thing that could prevent it was me rolling a 1. And GUESS WHAT I DID

sbr

You are not going to start complaining about your luck are you  :lol:

For the record the 1 was on the second coup.

Tamas

Mkiefte won by Wargames on turn 10. Very well done! I had a great start and it made me lazy. Lost the initiative way too early and mkiefte made sure I never recovered it. A thorough beating.

mkiefte

I was very happy to see Wargames in my hand. You almost had me.
"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."

Berkut

Interesting.

That win by mkiefte means:

1. Mkiefte advances, but that was already true.
2. sbr will finish at least 2-2. Almost certainly in, UNLESS

1. He loses to Tamas, and
2. Tamas loses to Bogh, and
3. Bogh beats baron

If that happens, we could end up with

4-0
2-2
2-2
2-2
0-4

But only three can advance...hmmm.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

bogh

Lets see if I cant manage to loose at least one of my open games!

Both are pretty close and feel like they winner will be found in final scoring.

Drakken

As we wait for the Special Olympics to begin, I am more and more getting a hold of things. My TS ELO rating online has now climbed over 1400, I haven't DEFCON-suicided for a while, plus I seem to be able to regularly hold my own against Habs. 

Cue Rocky 4's Training Montage. :showoff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu00RiPjaa4

bogh

Tamas has been vanquished. Wargames in turn 9.

Tamas

To be fair you had already very much beaten me. You just out me out of my misery.

With abe its a real nail-biter.

Berkut

So, just three games left, all of which have advancement implications.

One game left for pool A, me and sbr are in Late War, he has a moderate lead, but I have pretty good position. I think that is a toss up. Winner advances along with Nels and Habs.

Two games left in pool B.
Tamas vs sbr
bogh versus baron

Both matter quite a bit.

The game between sbr and Tamas is very important. If sbr wins, Tamas is out and sbr is in.

If sbr wins, sbr is in. Then Tamas and bogh will both be watching the outcome of the bogh-baron match. If baron wins, there would be three players all 1-3 with one open spot between them. SO BARON IS ACTUALLY NOT ELIMINATED YET, even though he is 0-3, depending on tie breaks...

If Tamas wins, sbr and Tamas are both 2-2, and it comes down (again) to the bogh-baron match. If bogh wins, we will have three 2-2 players wanting two spots. If baron wins, then it is simple, Tamas will advance.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2016, 11:14:26 AM
One game left for pool A, me and sbr are in Late War, he has a moderate lead, but I have pretty good position. I think that is a toss up. Winner advances along with Nels and Habs.

You mean me, and it's not gonna be a toss up if I keep rolling 1s. :P No to mention this is Late War, so you have the advantage.

Berkut

So solmyr, not sbr.

The US generally has a slight LW advantage, but you are up 8 VPs. Or 5?

I have domination in Europe and Asia. It will come down to how the scoring cards come out, and IF they come out. Or if one of us makes a bad mistake. I don't think there have been any real obvious ones so far - its been a good game mostly.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2016, 01:15:50 PM
So solmyr, not sbr.

The US generally has a slight LW advantage, but you are up 8 VPs. Or 5?

I have domination in Europe and Asia. It will come down to how the scoring cards come out, and IF they come out. Or if one of us makes a bad mistake. I don't think there have been any real obvious ones so far - its been a good game mostly.

I'm up 3 VP, which is basically nothing. Europe and Asia scoring are still around, while I dominate ME and SA which were already scored.

bogh

I am out touch for a few days, glamping in Northland for Christmas...

Baron von Schtinkenbutt