Canadian Synagogue Defaced with Swastikas and Anti-Semitic Slurs

Started by Jacob, November 17, 2016, 02:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on November 17, 2016, 04:55:23 PM
Thanks for filling me in. :)

:hug:

QuoteOf course, it's a really shitty context to learn it in.

Said my mom: "I was just talking to one of the other ladies about the horrible colour they picked for the new paintjob on the doors. Maybe this means we can get it repainted in a different colour."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grinning_Colossus

I have a friend who grew up with assholes spraying swastikas on her door in Chisinau. Her family moved away, but she didn't much like Israeli politics and ended up settling in Montreal. Now she's raising her own little girl, and this is on the news. :(
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

dps

Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2016, 05:10:12 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 17, 2016, 04:55:23 PM
Thanks for filling me in. :)

:hug:

QuoteOf course, it's a really shitty context to learn it in.

Said my mom: "I was just talking to one of the other ladies about the horrible colour they picked for the new paintjob on the doors. Maybe this means we can get it repainted in a different colour."

Well, that's definitely looking for a sliver lining. 

The incident is further proof (if we needed any) that there are assholes everywhere.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

You need to catch them in the act and beat the living shit out of them. That is the Ed Anger way.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 18, 2016, 09:28:02 PM
You need to catch them in the act and beat the living shit out of them. That is the Ed Anger way.

I approve.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Jacob on November 18, 2016, 09:45:27 PM

I approve.

Really, vigilante justice? Sounds pretty authoritarian and dismissive of human rights to me.

Hamilcar

The vast majority of anti-semitic crime in Europe is committed by Muslims. Is that also the case in Canada?

Martinus

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 04:24:16 AM

I approve.

Really, vigilante justice? Sounds pretty authoritarian and dismissive of human rights to me.

Have you met a leftist before?  :huh:

Hamilcar

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2016, 04:26:00 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 04:24:16 AM

I approve.

Have you met a leftist before?  :huh:

Yes, some of my friends are leftist politicians. Lovely people.