News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

And to think, it's only been a week

Started by CountDeMoney, November 16, 2016, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

The confusion of the Japanese talks is not entirely to blame on Trump. Meeting a mere president-elect so soon after his victory is unprecedented behavior for a Japanese prime minister. Logistical and protocol details that should've been determined "long in advance" were not because this trip appears to have been settled on very quickly. I don't think Abe & team had a realistic plan for what they wanted to do if Trump won, and in the wake of it they are scrambling.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 16, 2016, 10:36:13 PM
Quote from: frunk on November 16, 2016, 10:15:31 PM
Once things ramp up and he feels personally insulted by most of the world I'm assuming his term will consist entirely of angry tweets.

I think that might be the best case scenario.

One would hope so.

Considering the team he's putting together, I could see a Cuban Missile Crisis-type event go south real fast.  Thirteen Days?  With the names of a national security decision-making crew they've been tossing around, try Thirteen Minutes.

Come January 20th, I believe we will be as close to the possibility and potentiality of nuclear war since 1982.  And the worst of it is, we'll have become the threat.

Americans voted in this orange clown. Maybe we deserve it.

Maybe, we're the bad guys?!? :o

I look forward to all the hit Chinese and Indian action flicks where all the bad guys with plots to end the world are Americans
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 17, 2016, 08:17:48 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 16, 2016, 10:36:13 PM
Quote from: frunk on November 16, 2016, 10:15:31 PM
Once things ramp up and he feels personally insulted by most of the world I'm assuming his term will consist entirely of angry tweets.

I think that might be the best case scenario.

One would hope so.

Considering the team he's putting together, I could see a Cuban Missile Crisis-type event go south real fast.  Thirteen Days?  With the names of a national security decision-making crew they've been tossing around, try Thirteen Minutes.

Come January 20th, I believe we will be as close to the possibility and potentiality of nuclear war since 1982.  And the worst of it is, we'll have become the threat.

I look forward to all the hit Chinese and Indian action flicks where all the bad guys with plots to end the world are Americans

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

And the Russian historical dramas where European perfidy is revealed to Trump by Saint Putin, who is then able to unleash his holy crusade to the Atlantic.

Grey Fox

Of course the man is so hard to contact and he doesn't trust anyone from the government & no interest in doing so.

I read somewhere that he was surprised to find out he has to find new White House Staff.

Trump is going to make Stephen Harper look like a icon of knowledge. (Harper was the doofus of the G7/8/9/20/30 at every meeting they had.)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Apparently Putin's representative spent 30 minutes on the phone with Trump  and is still not certain with position Trump has on the Ukraine.

celedhring

Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2016, 10:55:53 AM
Apparently Putin's representative spent 30 minutes on the phone with Trump  and is still not certain with position Trump has on the Ukraine.

Neither is Trump.

derspiess

THERE WILL BE NO POSITION ON UKRAINE.  THANK YOU.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 17, 2016, 09:55:19 AM
(Harper was the doofus of the G7/8/9/20/30 at every meeting they had.)
Totally false.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on November 17, 2016, 10:58:09 AM

Neither is Trump.

:lol:

It probably depends on how many hotels he gets to build in Russia.

CountDeMoney

Why, they'll all be English actors.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on November 17, 2016, 11:17:29 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 17, 2016, 09:55:19 AM
(Harper was the doofus of the G7/8/9/20/30 at every meeting they had.)
Totally false.

Look at the official pictures, he always looks so uncomfortable.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

He is just playing hard to get.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 17, 2016, 11:53:14 AM

Why, they'll all be English actors.

True. There won't be any Americans left after the war so the next closest thing will be English blokes trying their best American accents.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.