News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

And to think, it's only been a week

Started by CountDeMoney, November 16, 2016, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on November 18, 2016, 09:28:21 AM
The actors for George Luz and Bull Randleman also did good American accents, and of course Rick Warden aka Lt Welsh (he was also on Rome).

Rick Gomez is from New Jersey (Luz)
Michael Cudlitz is from Long Island (Bull)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2016, 09:41:14 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2016, 09:20:26 AM
Hugh Laurie has the best American accent of all the English toads.

I dont know about that.  The Brits on Walking Dead do a pretty good job and I agree with Syt that Damien Lewis did an excellent job in Band of Brothers.

Lauren Cohan does a awesome job. Watching Talking Dead where she uses her British accents is uncanny.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 18, 2016, 09:58:30 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 18, 2016, 09:28:21 AM
The actors for George Luz and Bull Randleman also did good American accents, and of course Rick Warden aka Lt Welsh (he was also on Rome).

Rick Gomez is from New Jersey (Luz)
Michael Cudlitz is from Long Island (Bull)

Bugger me sideways and hit me with a spoon! I mixed them up with Talbert and Martin. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 18, 2016, 09:39:46 AM
A Bit of Fry and Laurie was a great show and often a bit absurd and random.

Yeah. I didn't know about it until just a couple years ago but I have loved all the Youtube clips from it. I quote the slightly mad sketch all the time here. It is a completely idiotic concept but Hugh Laurie is brilliant in it.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on November 18, 2016, 09:54:20 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2016, 09:46:40 AM
Damian Lewis does indeed do a great job. He's right up there as an honorary American, tbh

He was pretty good in Homeland too. Well first season. He couldn't help the writing after that. :D

I've been meaning to watch the first season of Homeland. Is it really that good?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on November 18, 2016, 08:59:59 AM
Just a reminder to myself and others who might have forgotten or be in denial, Donald Trump is going to be the next President of the USA.   :wacko:

Sorry man, but we're not tired of winning yet.

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2016, 10:14:34 AM
Damian Lewis does indeed do a great job. He's right up there as an honorary American, tbh

He was pretty good in Homeland too. Well first season. He couldn't help the writing after that. :D

I've been meaning to watch the first season of Homeland. Is it really that good?

It is, although if you already know the outcome of the basic premise (whether he's a sleeper agent or not), a lot of the tension is probably lost.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 18, 2016, 10:00:29 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2016, 09:41:14 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2016, 09:20:26 AM
Hugh Laurie has the best American accent of all the English toads.

I dont know about that.  The Brits on Walking Dead do a pretty good job and I agree with Syt that Damien Lewis did an excellent job in Band of Brothers.

Lauren Cohan does a awesome job. Watching Talking Dead where she uses her British accents is uncanny.

Lennie James sounds a bit odd though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/japanese-pm-trump-has-seen-a-film-about-ninjas-20161118117344

Quote'Trump has seen a film about ninjas', confirms Japanese PM

THE Japanese prime minister has confirmed that Donald Trump has seen a film about ninjas and remembers much of it.

Shinzo Abe, who met the president-elect at Trump Tower, was assured that all trade agreements between Japan and the US will be 'great' before the meeting focused on the 'ninja film'.

Abe said: "Mr Trump watched the film on LaserDisc at some time in the 1990s, and enjoyed it, even though it was subtitled.

"The plot apparently revolved around a ninja whose family had been killed by an evil lord and had vowed to take revenge, which unfortunately did not narrow it down.

"At one point he put his swords through the heads of two of the bad ninjas at once and used them as leverage to swing around and kill a third ninja. This was acted out.

"Mr Trump enjoyed the film so much that he bought himself a solid gold shuriken, which he asked his daughter Ivanka to find. She was not able to locate it, but Mr Trump assured me it definitely exists."

Abe added: "The meeting was very successful. I now know exactly what I am dealing with."

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on November 18, 2016, 12:38:18 PM

Abe added: "The meeting was very successful. I now know exactly what I am dealing with."

:lol: That is a fantastic quote.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2016, 12:40:37 PM

A quote from a joke website?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 18, 2016, 12:46:34 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2016, 12:40:37 PM

Ah. I guess it is less fantastic then.

CountDeMoney

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on November 18, 2016, 12:46:34 PM

it's getting harder and harder to tell the difference.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 18, 2016, 10:14:34 AM

It's slow and it's boring.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.