2017 impeachment - because it's never too early

Started by DGuller, November 11, 2016, 10:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on November 15, 2016, 11:03:13 PM
Tim, I'm not saying this to troll or to insult. You have been wrong about basically everything, starting with the spelling in your thread titles, and are just compounding it with getting me mixed up with DGuller. Yes I am wrong from time to time, as are other posters, but you in particular have no room to ever trash talk about someone "having to eat their words". If wrong statements were things that needed to be eaten, your mouth would be permanently so full that you could never get another word out.

In this particular case, I made a straight up offer to you, based on things that you were bringing to the forum. If Hillary ends up with over 50% of the popular vote, or her vote total exceeds Trump's by 2m, I will not post for 2 months. If neither of these happen, you will not post for 1 month and when you come back will post a mea culpa that you are a dumbass.

For days you have declined to answer on my proposal, and are now trash talking that I am going to "eat my words" while Hillary is still well short of meeting either criteria. Basically: either man up and take the deal, or quit your chickenshit trash talk about it.

Dorsey: triggered.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on November 15, 2016, 11:36:36 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 15, 2016, 07:31:34 PM
The notion he's getting at, I think, is that Clinton would've been vindictive against any challenger.  Which I would not call implausible.
depends on how it goes.
If you keep saying she's just as bad as Trump, call her a witch, keep spreading rumours and conspiracy theories, yes, she might be vindictive.
If you keep attacking her while you have zero chance of winning after half the primaries are done, yes, she might be vindictive.

If you do relatively well, engage in reasonable debate, then, when it seems clear that you're not gonna win, fold, and call for your supporters to rally behind her, without any hesitation, I think there's a good chance she will like you.  She seems like a reasonable carreer politician, as good or bad as most others.

Dude, let it rest. She sucked. She sucked horribly. Bernie Bros have been saying that. Independents have been saying that. Even most liberals were originally saying that but then convinced themselves she is actually good. She wasn't. And predictably enough, she lost against a deeply flawed, toxic candidate like Trump.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 16, 2016, 12:31:19 AM
Tim, I'm not saying this to troll or to insult. You have been wrong about basically everything, starting with the spelling in your thread titles, and are just compounding it with getting me mixed up with DGuller. Yes I am wrong from time to time, as are other posters, but you in particular have no room to ever trash talk about someone "having to eat their words". If wrong statements were things that needed to be eaten, your mouth would be permanently so full that you could never get another word out.

In this particular case, I made a straight up offer to you, based on things that you were bringing to the forum. If Hillary ends up with over 50% of the popular vote, or her vote total exceeds Trump's by 2m, I will not post for 2 months. If neither of these happen, you will not post for 1 month and when you come back will post a mea culpa that you are a dumbass.

For days you have declined to answer on my proposal, and are now trash talking that I am going to "eat my words" while Hillary is still well short of meeting either criteria. Basically: either man up and take the deal, or quit your chickenshit trash talk about it.

To be fair to Tim, which I am loath to do :lol: , if Dorsey lost he'd just create a sock. Hardly a fair bet.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Also because it's just not very likely the remaining votes are that numerous/lopsided. It's not as bad as B4's bet, but the odds are against him.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 16, 2016, 03:01:42 AM
:jaron:

I preferred Zoupa's " :D" after my posts saying that Trump is going to win and Clinton is a horrible candidate. Sadly, they stopped when Trump won.  :(

celedhring

Hillary is up by 1,200,000 according to the most recent totals I can find over the web. I don't know how many outstanding votes are out there, but it isn't that ludicrous a bet. I guess she'll fall short of 2m, but not by much.

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on November 16, 2016, 03:22:00 AM

To be fair to Tim, which I am loath to do :lol: , if Dorsey lost he'd just create a sock. Hardly a fair bet.

He would still have the DGuller account.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on November 16, 2016, 05:11:26 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 16, 2016, 03:22:00 AM

He would still have the DGuller account.

Now, now. We need to come together and pretend that they are distinct individuals.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Dorsey pretends he's not white and Guller pretends he's not an accountant, totally different.

alfred russel

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 16, 2016, 03:30:17 AM
Also because it's just not very likely the remaining votes are that numerous/lopsided. It's not as bad as B4's bet, but the odds are against him.

I didn't pull the proposal out of thin air. It was based on predictions that Tim was bringing to the forum. He should put up or shut up.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

HVC

Quote from: alfred russel on November 16, 2016, 06:22:40 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 16, 2016, 03:30:17 AM

I didn't pull the proposal out of thin air. It was based on predictions that Tim was bringing to the forum. He should put up or shut up.

If Ebola dint humble Tim this election won't either.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Martinus

More than half of the anti-Trump protesters arrested in Portland, Oregon did not vote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3938928/More-half-112-anti-Trump-protesters-arrested-Portland-didn-t-vote.html

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. I guess these are just rubble-rousing thugs.