News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: celedhring on November 25, 2020, 05:38:18 PM
You gotta pardon a turkey for thanksgiving...

Yeah, but only one. The other ones get stuffed.

Sheilbh

I would like a minute-by-minute internal story of the decisions that led to this photo:

I'm fascinated - the tiny table, the disproportionately large seal, the hideous carpet, the undecorated Christmas tree, the Pawnee mural on the wall, the weird mic stand. Everything :o
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

What is weird about the c-stand used to hold boom and mic?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

There were a lot of "kids table" comments about the table choice what with it being Thanksgiving and all. :P

The mic decision I can get because that way it's easy to keep it out of pictures.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on November 27, 2020, 07:59:42 AM
There were a lot of "kids table" comments about the table choice what with it being Thanksgiving and all. :P

The mic decision I can get because that way it's easy to keep it out of pictures.
Fair and there is something about the angle of the photo that just gives it particularly cursed vibes and maybe from other angles it all looks normal. But I'm not sure.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on November 27, 2020, 07:59:42 AM

As Katmai points out, that's actually a pretty normal rig.

PJL

I don't think Captain Sisko would be pleased if he saw that table.

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump Retweeted
Yossi Melman
@yossi_melman
Mohsen Fakhrizadeh has been assassinated in Damavand, east of Tehran according to reports in Iran. He was head of Iran's secret military program and wanted for many years by Mossad. His death is a major psychological and professional blow for Iran.
2:49 PM · Nov 27, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Isn't that a week old? Just catching up with it old D?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 27, 2020, 07:55:35 AM
I would like a minute-by-minute internal story of the decisions that led to this photo:

I'm fascinated - the tiny table, the disproportionately large seal, the hideous carpet, the undecorated Christmas tree, the Pawnee mural on the wall, the weird mic stand. Everything :o

They should play "Hail to the chief" with kazoos when he sits at that desk.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on November 27, 2020, 10:59:05 AM
Yossi Melman
@yossi_melman
Mohsen Fakhrizadeh has been assassinated in Damavand, east of Tehran according to reports in Iran. He was head of Iran's secret military program and wanted for many years by Mossad. His death is a major psychological and professional blow for Iran.
I was slightly freaked out at Axios reporting that Israel's preparing for the possibility of Trump ordering a strike on Iran before he leaves:
https://www.axios.com/israeli-military-prepares-trump-iran-0d0a5725-c410-4f5c-a0ea-9c6f9add4966.html
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 27, 2020, 02:31:56 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 27, 2020, 10:59:05 AM
Yossi Melman
@yossi_melman
I was slightly freaked out at Axios reporting that Israel's preparing for the possibility of Trump ordering a strike on Iran before he leaves:
https://www.axios.com/israeli-military-prepares-trump-iran-0d0a5725-c410-4f5c-a0ea-9c6f9add4966.html

His cheap parting shot at Biden Iran.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Quote from: PJL on November 27, 2020, 10:11:04 AM

That episode was a gem  :lol:

God I wish current trek had DS9's writing...

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on November 27, 2020, 04:22:35 PM
Quote from: PJL on November 27, 2020, 10:11:04 AM

That episode was a gem  :lol:

God I wish current trek had DS9's writing...

My how I love your rose colored glasses.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.