Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Monoriu on December 07, 2020, 01:59:18 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 07, 2020, 12:20:37 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on December 06, 2020, 08:08:05 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 06, 2020, 04:42:53 PM
Rudy has Covid. 

I can't believe this :bleeding:

Why not? He's certainly spent a lot of time in public.

It has to be a very well-known risk by now.  He is old, a high risk group.  He is important to Trump's efforts to overturn the election results.  He should have taken extra precautionary measures to protect himself.

There are two Republican responses to the pandemic: cavalier and conspiratorial.  The cavalier response downplays the danger.  The conspiratorial response belligerently ignores the danger.  We have cases where people are admitted to the hospital with Covid and accuse the doctors of fraud when they are diagnoses with Covid.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 07, 2020, 03:51:14 AM
The Arizona state legislature has closed for the next two weeks because Rudy exposed 15 republicans.
That's nothing, Trump exposed tens of millions of Republicans.

Solmyr

So if Rudy dies from covid, will the conspiracy theorists go nuts?

Solmyr

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2020, 05:37:54 AM
The Arizona state legislature has closed for the next two weeks because Rudy exposed 15 republicans.

And they still haven't managed to cover themselves.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Solmyr on December 07, 2020, 05:38:11 AM

Some claim that Trump getting it was a leftist plot. So yes.  They are already getting out the baby oil and the spare sock.
PDH!

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2020, 05:37:54 AM

^_^
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

I hope he recovers, but I'm glad he's in the hospital and off the front lines of the stupid lawsuits.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on December 07, 2020, 04:09:50 PM
I hope he recovers, but I'm glad he's in the hospital and off the front lines of the stupid lawsuits.

Him staying off the front lines is to Trump's advantage, though. Although they don't seem to be bursting with capable people to replace him with.

Habbaku

That's just it: he's a very public, very famous figure that's willing to be the face of this. Who do they have other than him? Powell? Lin Wood? Pfft.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on December 07, 2020, 02:37:46 PM
Giuliani is in the hospital.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55210243

The most savage headline for this story I've seen: "Giuliani, Breakout Star of Borat 2, in Hospital with Covid".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Solmyr on December 07, 2020, 05:38:11 AM

of course.

He was close to discovering the Truth, so Castro, Chavez and Che had him killed, from their secret lair, with the Clintons as their accomplice.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Weird. He never showed much interest in the global warming crisis before.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Bill Barr is resigning as AG.

Not sure what this means.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.