News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Nuclear physics isn't for everyone. Obviously.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

So the Trump campaign paid 3 million for a recount in Wisconsin, it ended up increasing Biden's lead by 87 votes.   :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

About the same success rate as his other investments then.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Should be chiselled into marble, that one.

The Minsky Moment

He tells it like it is.  If "it" consisted of transcripts from an insane asylum put through a word blender and then randomly inserted into MadLibs.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

One of Trump's lawyers is not calling for the death of the election security guy that Trump fired last week.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2020, 02:55:11 AM
One of Trump's lawyers is not calling for the death of the election security guy that Trump fired last week.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-lawyer-says-former-cybersecurity-010052961.html

Quote"Anybody who thinks the election went well, like that idiot Krebs who used to be the head of cybersecurity that guy is a class A moron. He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot," diGenova, who is also a former U.S. Attorney, said during an appearance on the Howie Carr show, broadcast on Newsmax, in comments first reported by The Bulwark.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Reminds me of how the Joker gets a seemingly endless supply of henchmen from Arkham.

DGuller

That's not quite accurate.  He is indeed calling for the death of that guy.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on December 01, 2020, 08:14:02 AM

He's using reverse psychiatry.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on December 01, 2020, 08:14:02 AM

No, it's true, Rudy hasn't called for this guy's death.