News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on November 02, 2020, 04:15:22 PM
So I guess they could resort to the "do this or I'm witholding funds" trick?

My understanding is like grumblers'.  He would need a law to do the trick.  Like Title IX and university athletic scholarships.

My understanding is also that the feds pick up a lot more of the primary and secondary education tab than most people realize.  Like 60% in the case of Alabama if I correctly remember a table I saw a long time ago.

I wonder if British gangster wannabes would think I'm really cool for using the word feds.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Surprised he has only said 22,247 things in all that time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Well, it was 2 months ago, I guess he might be up to 25k at this point.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Looks like the President finally built that wall he was promising us:

Promises kept!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2020, 04:16:50 PM
Looks like the President finally built that wall he was promising us:

Promises kept!

Looks like the compound of an authoritarian leader.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I keep forgetting this thread is here. Stickies are paradoxically hard to notice.

Time to close it? :)
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Trump still has three months to nuke the world.

Syt

Or just leave scorched earth for Biden. I mean, he and his team were woefully unprepared to take over from Obama, how do you think them handing things over would look like? I'd expect it would take months to take stock of the damage his administration did in their respective departments.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on November 04, 2020, 05:13:22 PM
I keep forgetting this thread is here. Stickies are paradoxically hard to notice.

Time to close it? :)

Don't jinx it  :ph34r:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2020, 12:46:19 AM
Or just leave scorched earth for Biden. I mean, he and his team were woefully unprepared to take over from Obama, how do you think them handing things over would look like? I'd expect it would take months to take stock of the damage his administration did in their respective departments.
There was a Politico piece about the risks of a Trump as a lame duck:
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/28/trump-wild-transition-433025
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I see esp. the destruction of records as a very likely risk. He's paranoid about people spying on him or finding out things about him, so I would expect that he would try to get rid of anything that he considers potentially incriminating.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

The paper shredders will start working overtime soon.  :P